Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How much carbs cause insulin spike page 6

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I said constant drip feeding of carbohydrate is the problem, you suggested you could drink OJ all day without ill effect, it's not up to me to prove you wrong, I've done my research and come to my own conclusions, why don't you pull your finger out and prove you right, show us all a healthy society on a constant driop feed of sugar.
    It won't happen and you know it..it is much better for him to tr@ll around here and pretend he knows what he is doing....it is funny and sad at the same time.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I said constant drip feeding of carbohydrate is the problem, you suggested you could drink OJ all day without ill effect, it's not up to me to prove you wrong, I've done my research and come to my own conclusions, why don't you pull your finger out and prove you right, show us all a healthy society on a constant driop feed of sugar.
    You seem to be defensive for no reason. I simply asked if you had any idea of measuring any potential negatives that might arise from "a constant drip" of carbs. I have no fear of sugar and would be willing to try it.

Btw i dont need to show you something that doesnt exist. There is literally no society that does this, not even cw diet does this. High fat high carbs diets are the issue.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    It won't happen and you know it..it is much better for him to tr@ll around here and pretend he knows what he is doing....it is funny and sad at the same time.
    Yeah, I know
    But if Peat's all over OJ, then thats mutually exclusive to primal anyway isn't it, so why are we having this discussion anyway, isn't there a OJ forum to go to to discuss it's glorious benefits?
    Last edited by Omni; 10-14-2013 at 12:15 AM.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    What the hell does grazing all day long even mean? If you literally ate and drank calories from wakeup until sleep then yea maybe you will have some issues. Who does this? Even then there is an extended fasting period called sleep.

Sugar alone does not cause insulin resistance.
    The dogma has been reversed. I don't know what's worse, saying that you have to eat 6 small meals a day or saying that eating regularly is bad and that you should fast all day and stuff yourself once or twice a day.

MaceyUK is offline Senior Member
    I've found a forum for you all to migrate to and spend some time with like-minded people:

The Flat Earth Society - Index
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    You seem to be defensive for no reason. I simply asked if you had any idea of measuring any potential negatives that might arise from "a constant drip" of carbs. I have no fear of sugar and would be willing to try it.

Btw i dont need to show you something that doesnt exist. There is literally no society that does this, not even cw diet does this. High fat high carbs diets are the issue.
    Not defensive, just having a discussion, the measure as you know is the topic of conversation, the result will show in years to come, don't expect the numbers to come in in less than 5 years, there are multiple levels in metabolic malfunction, I expect we haven't even discovered the first few, but Leptin dysfunction is one of the first that we are aware of and it precedes diabetes and metabolic syndrome by decades.

I've done my research and suggested that constant feeding, particularly with glucose metabolism, is a primary driver of ill health you have proposed a diametrically oppposed view, all well, put it to the test.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    The dogma has been reversed. I don't know what's worse, saying that you have to eat 6 small meals a day or saying that eating regularly is bad and that you should fast all day and stuff yourself once or twice a day.
    Well what's you're story?

Quote Originally Posted by MaceyUK View Post
    I've found a forum for you all to migrate to and spend some time with like-minded people:

The Flat Earth Society - Index
    Oh, wouldn't life be bliss?
    But it would be corporal punishment for contrary views wouldn't it?

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    If I were to get say 15g of carbs from oats would that cause insulin spike? Ik oats arent primal bt my parents got the cereal and the ingredients look legit here in the photo!
    Hello, I will quickly reply to your specific questions:

- unless you are diabetic or need to be in nutritional ketosis for avoiding certain brain conditions, don't really bother about the "insulin spike". It is completely normal AND actually very healthy! The shorter in time the elevation, and the quicker the return to basal level, the better! If you do want to avoid big spikes for whatever reason (say because you won't want to experience a blood sugar dip), add some raw potato starch to your oat, provided that your oat is not too warm (under 150F). The resistant starch of the raw potato starch will prevent such a spike and will make your return to basal level pretty fast. But again, that's only if you are paranoid ...

- let me go through the ingredient list (I am giving only my opinion):
    * whole wheat -> bad
    * brown sugar -> neutral
    * modified milk ingredients -> bad. You don't know what these are ...
    * coconut oil -> neutral but what for ?
    * natural flavour -> what is it ??

I'll tell you: get some pure rolled oats, add warm milk (that you choose) or water, a chunk of nice organic grass fed butter, raw honey, vanilla, a pinch of salt. You can even add a few pieces of almonds if you like, but that is optional. Some pieces of apples and / or bananas are also a very nice option.

The stuff on the picture would be a no-no at my home ...

Greg Rx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Hello, I will quickly reply to your specific questions:

- unless you are diabetic or need to be in nutritional ketosis for avoiding certain brain conditions, don't really bother about the "insulin spike". It is completely normal AND actually very healthy! The shorter in time the elevation, and the quicker the return to basal level, the better! If you do want to avoid big spikes for whatever reason (say because you won't want to experience a blood sugar dip), add some raw potato starch to your oat, provided that your oat is not too warm (under 150F). The resistant starch of the raw potato starch will prevent such a spike and will make your return to basal level pretty fast. But again, that's only if you are paranoid ...

- let me go through the ingredient list (I am giving only my opinion):
    * whole wheat -> bad
    * brown sugar -> neutral
    * modified milk ingredients -> bad. You don't know what these are ...
    * coconut oil -> neutral but what for ?
    * natural flavour -> what is it ??

I'll tell you: get some pure rolled oats, add warm milk (that you choose) or water, a chunk of nice organic grass fed butter, raw honey, vanilla, a pinch of salt. You can even add a few pieces of almonds if you like, but that is optional. Some pieces of apples and / or bananas are also a very nice option.

The stuff on the picture would be a no-no at my home ...
    I'll be sticking to my bacon, eggs, and avocado breakfast. Congratulations on a good whole foods approach.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast