Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How much carbs cause insulin spike page 5

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That list of ingredients is a no-eat-it. Whole wheat, sugar, MODIFIED MILK INGREDIENTS, NATURAL FLAVOR?! This is poison.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

At what age should people stop eating carbohydrates, then?
    When amylase production drops, usually early teens IIRC.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Meh but 10 years (even 5) is a heck of a long time to hold your breath. You will see warning signs much wuicker then that i think. I developed many warning signs with a heavy fat diet in only 2 years.
    That is about the most ignorant statement I have ever hear...so all those walking walls out there were born that way? They saw it coming and just kept going? I think not...there is a level of addiction and denial that goes on, the proof is in the numbers.

PS "wuicker" than that....really? 5 min ago you tried to disparage me with a correctly spelled typo...
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    That is about the most ignorant statement I have ever hear...so all those walking walls out there were born that way? They saw it coming and just kept going? I think not...there is a level of addiction and denial that goes on, the proof is in the numbers.

PS "wuicker" than that....really? 5 min ago you tried to disparage me with a correctly spelled typo...
    Lol, correcting a typo with that paragraph above? I honestly couldnt understand your post when i quoted. Plus im on an iphone, your on a computer. :P

Carbs dont make people fat, calories do.

Knife, sugar, bro!

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Meh but 10 years (even 5) is a heck of a long time to hold your breath. You will see warning signs much wuicker then that i think. I developed many warning signs with a heavy fat diet in only 2 years.
    Fine, suck your OJ every 30 min's and see what happens.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

I don't think eating some sugar is all that bad. But using it medicinally to raise your body temp?! That's dumb, nuts, or maybe dumbnuts. Yes, sugar does replace starch as a carb source if you want it to. But why? What about dental health? Look at VLC tribes. Great teeth!

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Zach is offline Banned
    Omni, i totally would if there were some parameters that would show any correlation with any negative outcomes. If you can think of some, let me know and i will guinea pig it.

Knife, what about dental health? Sugar does not cause decay. Acid from fruit juice and pop probably do but just drink with a straw if you are that worried. I personally see sugar as vastyl superior to starch in every way.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Just based on my observations and thus have a hard time believing carbs is the issue.

I have relatives who eat rice 3 times a day every day for their whole lives. My maternal grandmother is 93, paternal great-grandmother is over 100. They grew up in villages in China. My husband's cousins live in Indian villages and are also in excellent health in their 50s and up, also eating rice or rice products every meal. All of them have a thick head of hair, perfect eyesight, aging well, no issues w/ diabetes, heart, etc.

Now their children (my parents, aunts, uncles) are a different story, all are pre-diabetic, or have high blood pressure, or struggling with various cancers, risk for heart disease, etc.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Omni, i totally would if there were some parameters that would show any correlation with any negative outcomes. If you can think of some, let me know and i will guinea pig it.

Knife, what about dental health? Sugar does not cause decay. Acid from fruit juice and pop probably do but just drink with a straw if you are that worried. I personally see sugar as vastyl superior to starch in every way.
    I said constant drip feeding of carbohydrate is the problem, you suggested you could drink OJ all day without ill effect, it's not up to me to prove you wrong, I've done my research and come to my own conclusions, why don't you pull your finger out and prove you right, show us all a healthy society on a constant driop feed of sugar.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lol, correcting a typo with that paragraph above? I honestly couldnt understand your post when i quoted. Plus im on an iphone, your on a computer. :P

Carbs dont make people fat, calories do.

Knife, sugar, bro!
    So even more excuses for your total failure...OK...we all understand...
    PS
    An iPhone has spell checker and it is a computer, one that is more powerful than the ones that put a man on the moon...very lame excuse.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast