Thread: Feeling low blood sugar...what to do? page

dacec is offline Senior Member

Feeling low blood sugar...what to do?

Primal Fuel
    I can feel that my BS is low right now, I am tempted to grab a handful of berries, but not sure if I should.

I had two cups of coffee with raw sugar (shame on me) and heavy cream this morning (drink it daily) about 4 hours ago. I had two eggs and bacon and sausage 2 1/2 hours ago, so I am not hungry at all but I feel low blood sugar.

So do I be strong and ignore it or pop some berries for a quick fix? I rarely have this happen so I am not sure what to do.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    what does low blood sugar feel like? may just be a carb craving.......? How long have you been primal? Carb flu could take up to three weeks to go away.

eat some meat and see how you feel, berries might be too intense right now.

Well I have been off grains and simple carbs (other than a little fruit and the rare home baked goodie) for 7 mos.

Low blood pressure is a hunger that does not come from your belly...if that makes sense. I used to get really big blood sugar swings when I was on the SADiet, so I am familiar with the urge to consume sugar/carbs.

I have recently been working on lowering my carbs, this morning I am at 10 and 8 of that is from the sugar in my coffee...although that was at 6am-7:30ish. Ate at 8:30 and was feeling the need for a mid morning snack even though I knew I was not really hungry.

mdale2 is offline Member
    Have you tested your blood sugar levels?

This just sounds like a craving.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Hmm. I dont know anything about low bs swings, but if youre feeling a hunger, I'd say eat. Its too bothersome for me to ignore hunger unless im fasting. Start with meat, though.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I'd eat some berries but with fat to slow things down.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Do you have some coconut oil? Have a spoonful or two, and just rest for a few minutes. As you probably know, this blood sugar crash was very likely triggered by the raw sugar in your coffee this morning.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok had a little meat and cheese, the feeling had mostly passed though and lunch time huger starting to arrive.
    Guess it is time to start working on a salad!

Thanks for the feedback