Thread: Did Grok do liver flushes regularly? page

Ast
    Ast is offline Member

Did Grok do liver flushes regularly?

Shop Now
    At its most basic, a liver flush is abstaining from fatty foods for about 5 days, then a large intake of it. Abstaining lets the bile build up, and then the intake forces a 'flush', taking sludge and stones with it.

Could Grok have done these when there were periods of no meat, and they had to live on berries, fruit, veg n some nuts?

What about those of us who have followed conventional wisdom and tried to steer clear of fatty foods for so much of our lives - how do we deal with our congested livers? Just eat lots of paleo fat, or try some liver flushes or something else to rectify the damage/get rid of any stones that might have built up?
    :-)

peril is online now Senior Member
    My understanding is that the liver produces bile regardless. It is stored in the gall bladder until required, when it is released into the duodenum. Hence gall stones. You can't flush your liver. Maybe you can flush your gall bladder, but I don't know
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

MarielleGO is online now Senior Member
    To get rid of gall stones I'd advise to eat fatty stuff. It's been proven that people who eat fat-free get gall stones quicker than people with a variated diet.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    To get rid of gall stones I'd advise to eat fatty stuff. It's been proven that people who eat fat-free get gall stones quicker than people with a variated diet.
    And going suddenly cold turkey can do it too. That's how I got mine.

M.