Thread: Hello There page

Becky1973 is offline Junior Member

Hello There

Shop Now
    Hi Everyone

A friend of mine suggested I look in to the Paleo Lifestyle as I want to lose weight as I am very very very overweight however I'm struggling to see how losing weight on this lifestyle is possible but I will give it a whirl for sure.

I just wanted to pop by and say hello and I look forward to seeing what happens.

Becky

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Hi,

If you are really overweight you should see results pretty fast, losing the last vanity pounds is more difficult.
    Start reading the book and the getting started page. Get some extra motivation by reading the Friday success stories.
    And don't just enjoy the primal food but also get enough sleep, pkay and start your excercising by walking.

rossdg is offline Junior Member
    Hey Becky

I'm new to this lifestyle too. I seen your post and just wanted to remind you that you can do anything you put your mind too. The primal blueprint seems to work incredibly well for weight loss and the pictures on the forum and success stories are just testament to that.

Go and read some weight loss stories on the forum and see the pictures and don't be scared to ask for advice from other users. You will see changes if you make changes

You can do anything you want to do

Ross

Becky1973 is offline Junior Member
    Hi There

Thanks for the welcomes and I'll definitely go and read the weightloss stories for inspiration.

Thanks

leighlu is offline Senior Member
    Becky I lost 103 pounds on primal. I was skeptical at first too. It was way too easy and did not have near the amount of rules my other diets did Read the books and follow them before you start. Good luck. It is a way of life, though. Lose the diet mindset.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Becky.

For some is not so easy to lose the weight they want too, even if they have a lot to lose. At least not as quickly as they would like to or as quickly as they see others lose.

You have to remember that you didn't get this way over night and it could take a fair amount of time to reverse it, especially if your body had been damaged in the process.

For what it's worth, I think you should stop looking at this as a diet for weightloss, period.

This is about feeding your body the most nutritious foods you can and avoiding consuming things which are either harmful, high in calories but lacking in nutritional benefits or likely to cause you to want to eat more than you should, so as to allow your body to heal and losing body fat will most likely happen over time as a side effect.

This is not a rapid fat loss plan (for many) but then slow and stay is probably better in the long run anyway. There are plenty of quicker ways to lose weight, but you need a way which is healthy and for the long haul.

Disclaimer: I'm not a woman and have never been seriously overweight. My opinions are based on what I've seen work/not work for people on here over the past 3 years or so
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/