Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone eat opposite of primal...high carb low fat? page

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member

Anyone eat opposite of primal...high carb low fat?

Primal Fuel
    I know a few people are doing it from board searches I've seen. I'm beginning to think that might help me out some.

I went low carb in 2011 and lost my period right before I wanted to get pregnant. I went from 132 to 120lbs...I'm 5'3. Then I gained back all the weight to get pregnant eating SAD again. At 136lbs I got pregnant. Gained 15lbs doing a moderate 100g carb a day pregnancy. Little jelly bean was born at 39 weeks via C-section due to not growing. She was 5lbs and 11oz. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't have eaten more carbs then too. After pregnancy, I immediately lost all the weight going back Primal but eating some starch...probably still 100g. I would eat paleo pancakes with bananas and almond butter, steak and sweet potatoes, etc. Lost my milk supply after 1 month. Jelly bean was always hungry. Made me so sad.

After that, I stayed around 132lbs, but I began having crippling anxiety especially if I cut my carbs. I've tried upping the fat to crazy levels, but by day 3 of LCHF, I can't breathe. We're trying to conceive again, so I went on some pills since my cycles are still erratic (38 days). I'm now 142lbs and can't drop weight if I wanted to. I know low fat isn't ideal for baby-making BUT I'm not dropping it extremely low, and all my fat will still be good Paleo fats.

I would just like to be back at 132lbs now....funny how you think of yourself as fat at a certain weight until you gain more weight. My BF percentage is good too, so I don't think trying to lose a little weight will hurt any of my efforts. The main thing I'm concerned is my doctor says I may be atypical PCOS with my cycles....meaning I show no normal symptoms of PCOS. Most PCOS people are helped by low carb...maybe I'm helped by high carb?

Sorry for the long post...just wanted to give some background info. Thank you.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Opposite of Primal would be all processed foods/chemicals, no whole and real foods.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Too many extremes. Why not try moderation for a while.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

cheryl is offline Member
    Maybe you should just eat a regular diet of healthy foods veggies, fruits healthy fats, not worry about high or low carbs, try to stay with whole grains, no processed foods, normal amount of fat and calories for your weight?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Too many extremes. Why not try moderation for a while.
    +1

You need to find the WOE that makes you feel well. I feel much better after I stopped trying to turn my eating into a concept, and just eat freshly prepared foods that make me feel full and happy, with a complete disregard for fat, protein and carbs ratio.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Zach is offline Banned
    For pregnancy, high carb from both sugar and starch is a good thing as well as keeping saturated fat relatively high. You want to cultivate a nutrient and calorie rich environment so your body does not perceive any outside threats (starvation). Fat loss and pregnancy dont mix at all.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I also think moderation is the way for you to go, particularly for pregnancy and balance. Medium fat levels but add potato, maybe rice, and don't worry about how much fruit you have. You need to be very nourished.

My Son was also not gaining weight at the end of my pregnancy, and I was on an everything diet at that time many moons ago we believed it to be related to low progesterone. I had to take progesterone in the first 18 weeks to get through. He was born at 6lbs, five days overdue.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Pregnant? Eat EVERYTHING real. Combining carbs and fats is excellent because it helps you gain weight and feed baby. You also sound like low-carb is NOT helping you attain balance and health. It only works if it works, and if you can't produce milk or get pregnant again, things are WRONG. Maybe try a 33/33/33 split or close to it for awhile, just to bring you back to baseline.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member
    Yeah not pregnant yet but trying....love your Larry quote Knife btw!

I have been leaning more towards moderation lately. It seems to be a recurring theme in my life. I seem to always try to swing one way or the other.....I either have really short hair or super long hair.....I'm either eating really low carb or high carb. I think I will try some moderation since I'm trying to get pregnant. Who knows...maybe my body will balance itself out and decide to shed a few pounds lol.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with both, GS! I hope you will do great on a moderate whole foods diet.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast