Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's had your primal taste buds tingling of late? page

wattfood is offline Member

what's had your primal taste buds tingling of late?

Primal Fuel
    Duck Duck for me... Over the past day i have eaten about 300g of breast. store bought. it is pecking juvenile breast. AND, i love love loved it! sooo tasty and tender. now if i can just get up the courage to buy a whole one and roast it myself! (this store bought one comes precooked, you just slice and heat, i grilled it through with the fat that had settled in the bottom of the pack) I can buy a whole duck at the store for about $25 and two breasts cost me $18 so it going to be more economical to buy a whole one and split of the legs and breasts and maybe use the rest to start a broth?

AND just now from the local butcher i bought grass fed steer rib eye, its actually from his own paddock so its as fresh as fresh can be and you do not get much more guarantee of a local, grass fed product then knowing you drive by the beef twice a day. it is a 200g piece, a bit more than im used to eating at dinner but i cant bring myself to feed 50g to the dogs so i think ill splash out and just cook the whole piece... in organic butter... yum!

wow and to think that only a few weeks ago my friday splash out was chocolate pudding or a bag of sweet lollies, now im uber excited about a lump of meat!

so share...? what's had your primal taste buds tingling of late?

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    eggs!!! somehow I suddenly like eggs so much more... I go through 30 a week at the moment. (My doctor is so going to kill me when he hears that!!)

Dark chocolate, I used to dislike it a lot, now I eat it like there is no tomorrow.

fruits, all fruits suddenly tasts sweet and I find my self craving cherries and strawberries
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

wattfood is offline Member
    i hear you on the fruit thing...
    since i have got rid of all the refined sugar in my diet its like i can actually TASTE fruit again, berries are unbelievable, apples are like a dance party -arhh-

APPLEGIRL is offline Senior Member
    I have to say that just a wonderful roasted chicken is one of my favorites. I think it's the crispy skin. I also am becoming a master at braised beef, since my grass fed steaks tend to be a bit tough. All things, meaty and savory are ringing my bell!
    I'll also be making a huge pot of sauce this weekend with wonderful Italian sausage from my butcher. It is not grass fed pork, though, as I just can't seem to find a local source for that, and the prices online are prohibitive.
    Yummy eats!

Fdispenza is offline Senior Member
    The crisp crunchy seasoned skin of a roasted pork shoulder, known as pernil amongst Hispanics. When roasted properly the skin is crispy crunchy, with some fat underneath, the meat is so moist and tender the bone literally slides out leaving the meat intact. I'm also feeling some pork hocks.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Salmon that was so good that I forgot to squirt lemon on it. Next day: leftover salmon with hollandaise sauce.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Kombucha Tea, really prickles my taste buds.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Citizen is offline Junior Member
    Suddenly I'm a rib guy. Never did like them before and now I can't get enough.
    Slow cooked and then topped with a paleo bbq sauce. Falls off the bone and magically delicious.

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wattfood View Post
    Duck Duck for me... Over the past day i have eaten about 300g of breast. store bought. it is pecking juvenile breast. AND, i love love loved it! sooo tasty and tender. now if i can just get up the courage to buy a whole one and roast it myself! (this store bought one comes precooked, you just slice and heat, i grilled it through with the fat that had settled in the bottom of the pack) I can buy a whole duck at the store for about $25 and two breasts cost me $18 so it going to be more economical to buy a whole one and split of the legs and breasts and maybe use the rest to start a broth?

so share...? what's had your primal taste buds tingling of late?
    DOOOOOO ITTTTTTT... I just roasted a duck for dinner on Wednesday - so delicious. It's not something I crave often, but it was really worth it. I made sure to save as much fat as I could from it (even rendering extra from the excess skin) that I can't wait to roast some sweet potatoes or squash in.

I'm really enjoying the local(ish) apples lately, and with the weather turning I'm digging warm comfort food, like soups and stews. Last night's dinner was sausage and kale soup, so yum.

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Can't get enough oxtail at this time of year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast