Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what's had your primal taste buds tingling of late? page 2

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    OMG I just CANNOT STOP with chicken and salmon and unagi! I CANNOT STOP! ha ha!!

Cavemanclan is offline Junior Member
    I cook all beef, chix and pork in butter, then take the leftover butter in the pan and reduce it. Add some thick, heavy fresh cream and let that reduce until almost gravy-like....May not be strictly primal but it is AMAZING! And I am losing weight like crazy, too....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    This may not be Primal for those with dairy issues. I had an overabundance of banana peppers, so I cut them in half the long way and deveined and seeded them. Then I filled them with ground pork, cream cheese, an egg, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. I salted them right before I stuck them in a 375F oven for 40 minutes. The ratio of ground pork to cream cheese was 1:1.

Kind of like poppers, but with meat.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

leighlu is offline Senior Member
    Kale chips. Three pounds of kale this week. I ate it all myself. Went back for more and the store was out of kale. Sadly disappointed.

canio6 Guest
    cauliflower and honeycrisp apples. I have no idea why.

kbn1 is offline Senior Member
    bison tongue.

wattfood is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontwisst View Post
    DOOOOOO ITTTTTTT... I just roasted a duck for dinner on Wednesday - so delicious. It's not something I crave often, but it was really worth it. I made sure to save as much fat as I could from it (even rendering extra from the excess skin) that I can't wait to roast some sweet potatoes or squash in.

I'm really enjoying the local(ish) apples lately, and with the weather turning I'm digging warm comfort food, like soups and stews. Last night's dinner was sausage and kale soup, so yum.
    Would you believe i got a WHOLE duck yesterday at the shop for $14! a whole duck for $4 less than two 150g breasts! i snatched it up real quick, decided for that price i am just going to HAVE to get over my fear of cooking it! albeit it was a frozen one and its apparently going to take about two to three days to defrost safely in the fridge so patience.... its a virtue right?

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by wattfood View Post
    Would you believe i got a WHOLE duck yesterday at the shop for $14! a whole duck for $4 less than two 150g breasts! i snatched it up real quick, decided for that price i am just going to HAVE to get over my fear of cooking it! albeit it was a frozen one and its apparently going to take about two to three days to defrost safely in the fridge so patience.... its a virtue right?
    You could defrost it in a couple hours if you cover it with cool water in the sink...
    Yeah, the one I roasted last week was under $15, also frozen.

Make sure you get as much fat off that bird as you can!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12