Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carbocide page

Djzander is offline Member

Carbocide

Hey guys went to the movies last night and had a planned but now very regretted cheat binge. Popcorn, Pop (which i dont even enjoy) and milk duds. Im feeling awful about it this morning and was wondering if a fasted walk\ sprint session would be beneficial. I am new to PB and havent done much with If's. Does this sound like a good plan?

cancerguy99 is offline Member
    Hey Djzander - I'm pretty new to this too so I don't have an answer for you but I feel your pain. I just got back from vacation and ate pretty badly while I was gone. I'm just trying to eat really clean right now. The last time I had a carbfest followed by a nice Copper River salmon and some brocholi, it seemed to help.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    forget it and move on

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    forget it and move on
    +1

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I keep seeing more and more of these types of posts about people who ate some carbs or had some sugar and now they are all upset and beating themselves up over it. How do people live like this? My god, I ate a piece of my grandma's old school apple pie a couple days ago.

You know what?

IT WAS DELICIOUS.

dfast is offline Member
    Well, I agree with Rivvin, but in answer to your question...it MAY be a good idea. If you are at all inclined to 'binge eat' in any way (talking unplanned binges) then I would not recommend fasting after a relatively minor binge like yours (I've put away numerous boxes of cereal, ice cream, cakes and doughnuts in single sittings in the past - yours sounds quite tame!), especially as you're not experienced with IF. Ease into it and plan to break the fast with a light meal (veggies and fish would be good). Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because you've fasted you can make up for it with your post-fast meal. Don't want to end up in a fast/binge cycle.

Nova is offline Member
    ^ +++++1!

BALANCE. CONSISTENCY. PATIENCE. COMPASSION. Do not "purge" with an "IF." Instead come right back to center and move on.
    Many people believe the pattern in "binge--> purge." Quite opposite. the pattern is always "purge---> binge."

Consider a purge to be not vomiting, but the behavior of over exercising, over dieting or fasting to accomplish weight loss. Binge eating, for some with a history of disordered eating, follows any type of purge.

"IF" is effecacious and rewarding on many levels. PB uses "IF" as a health strategy as you are going down a road of steady state balance and CONSISTENT paleo eating. It is not used to clean out a binge.

If you have a trackrecord of disordered eating that includes bingeing, or you are coming off a carb binge, this is not the correct time or the proper strategy for an IF. It is also not the correct time to over exercise. GET RIGHT BACK TO CENTER. If you swing the pendulum hard in one direction....it will swing hard in the opposite direction.

And think about what you did...you did not punch a person, you did not comit a crime...you went to a move and enjoyed some mainstream food. I hope you enjoyed it, as you should have. Your body will repair. It will move on physically. Now move on emotionally.
    Last edited by Nova; 06-08-2010 at 10:11 AM.
    GROK STAR

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    IFing is harder after you at a bunch of carbs than it would be if your last meal was low carb. +1 other than that.

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    Don't beat yourself up about it.

Reading your list though gave me heartburn. Next time I'd avoid the pop, only cause it isn't something you enjoy, so why bother! If you're going to SIN, then enjoy it.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ehh I went through carbicide(nice choice of term, I like it ) this weekend. I'm refusing to beat myself up about it. I'm low on food, nice weather and patience, so I ended up eating some pretty carby/sugary stuff. I did figure out that I'm maybe not eating as much carbs as I need. I think my body doesn't do well in ketosis.
    I agree with the "No IF after a high carb meal". A high carb meal is going to shot your blood sugar through the roof, pump out a bunch of insulin and drop you back down like a bad habit. You'll just feel like crap, be starving, irritable and want to eat everything in sight.
    Hope you're feeling better today though .
    Calm the f**k down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast