Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbocide page 2

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    I keep seeing more and more of these types of posts about people who ate some carbs or had some sugar and now they are all upset and beating themselves up over it. How do people live like this? My god, I ate a piece of my grandma's old school apple pie a couple days ago.

You know what?

IT WAS DELICIOUS.
    +1.

Also, Im not expert on IF-ing but I would think fasting after a carb binge would be a bad idea. I don't think you'd make it very long without crashing.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    ^ +1 dont give yourself the mental stress if you want it enjoy, if you didn't then why?

Ive noticed a few people still plan to binge or "cave in" as if they are really trying to consciously avoid carbs and such foods. While you still desire these foods its a diet and not a lifestyle. When you're fully primal, the thought of filling your body with such foods will repulse you, and you wont miss your old ways, this is called a LIFESTYLE.
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Nova is offline Member
    I hope you are feeling better too. I understand what you're saying rockstareddy - but it's easier to say than do for some people. Me included. I can be consistent for days or weeks and never think of the idea of the sugar poison. then I come into a situation a little depleted, dehydrated or emotionally down trodden (all easy to avoid and I'm good at it..but can get ambushed...that's life) and all I need is a party with a table of carbs like cookies -- and I'll go for something gluten free - and "not so bad" and that starts a land slide - like you said, if I enjoy it then fine - but if not why? I don't enjoy it and I can't answer that question - but glad it happens rarely.
    Last edited by Nova; 06-09-2010 at 07:13 AM.
    GROK STAR

Nova is offline Member
    my question to myself is: why is consistency elusive for me - when I love this lifestyle so much? And why is consistency easy for others? What is their secret and what am I doing wrong? each time I fall for the nefarious seduction of the sugar con artist, I don't beat myself up and move forward with a motivated plan. But it happens again a couple weeks later....and I end up with another plan. Am I not hydrating enough? am I waiting too long in between meals? Am I getting too hungry? it's always something different. sleep is critical and even with that being a non-issue (I'm getting 7- 8 hours per night) I find I'm still inconsistent.
    GROK STAR

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    cook up some eggs in butter and go for a walk. Life is too short for guilty feelings if you're not hurting others by your actions.

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    my question to myself is: why is consistency elusive for me - when I love this lifestyle so much? And why is consistency easy for others? What is their secret and what am I doing wrong? each time I fall for the nefarious seduction of the sugar con artist, I don't beat myself up and move forward with a motivated plan. But it happens again a couple weeks later....and I end up with another plan. Am I not hydrating enough? am I waiting too long in between meals? Am I getting too hungry? it's always something different. sleep is critical and even with that being a non-issue (I'm getting 7- 8 hours per night) I find I'm still inconsistent.
    Dont get worked up about it, it sounds like you're not doing too badly. I'd say the biggest thing to tackle is the mindset. Remember to never let anyone or anything (food) control your emotions other than you.
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

ORBren is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    cook up some eggs in butter and go for a walk. Life is too short for guilty feelings if you're not hurting others by your actions.
    +1 a little protein + fat and some slow moving - be good to yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12