Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The Politic Thread to End All Politic Threads page 6

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Can this just be a funny political meme thread?

Fuck that's the most rage worthy thing I've seen all morning.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    @ j3nn, how's this

Attachment 13824
    I'll let you know if they ever approve the attachment, lol. imgur: the simple image sharer
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Ugh... "I'm ready for Hillary"

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    I shop at "health food" stores and the Prius-saturated parking lot is really infuriating. The things they say.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

I can imagine.

only the dead can know peace from this evil.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Clinton was good looking and Obama is even more so, but he smokes so no thank you.

I miss Roosevelt.
    Actually he recently said he had quit smoking.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I can imagine.

only the dead can know peace from this evil.
    You think so?

What if there is any kind of truth to any of the rites that man practiced in order to honor the dead and lay them to rest?

If there is, then I suspect that even the dead are still restless and enslaved, because they are forced through a state-mandated chemical butcher process that enriches the death-racket profiteer black magicians.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    All these political discussions sound about as useful/worthwhile to me as Monty Python:

King Arthur: "Old woman!"
    Dennis: "Man."
    A: "Sorry. Old man! Whose castle is that?"
    D: "I'm 37!"
    A: "What?"
    D: "I'm 37, I'm not old!"
    A: "Well, I can't just call you 'man'."
    D: "Well, you could say 'Dennis'."
    A: "I didn't know you were called Dennis."
    D: "You never bothered to find out, did you?"
    A: "I did say sorry about the old woman, but from behind you looked--"
    D: "Well, I object. You're automatically treatin' me like an inferior!"
    A: "Well, I am King."
    D: "Oh, King, eh, very nice. And how'd you get that, then? By exploitin' the workers, by hangin' on to our dated imperialist domga, which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's going to be any progress--"
    Wife: "Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here-- Oh, how'd you do."
    A: "Hello, good woman. I am Arthur, King of the Britons. Whose castle is that?"
    W: "King of the who?"
    A: "The Britons."
    W: "Who are the Britons?"
    A: "We are, we all are, and I am your King."
    W: "I didn't know we had a King. I thought we were an autonomous collective."
    D: "You're fooling yourself. We're livin' in a dictatorship, a self-perpetuating autocracy, in which the working class--"
    W: "Oh, there you go, bringing class into it again--"
    D: "But that's what it's all about! If only people would listen--"
    A: "Please, please, good people! I am in haste. Whose castle is that?"
    W: "No one lives there."
    A: "Then who is your lord?"
    W: "We don't have a lord."
    A: "What?"
    D: "I told you. We're an narco-syndicous commune. We take it in turn, to act as sort of an officer for the week--"
    A: Yes I see."
    D: "--but all the decisions of that officer hae to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting--"
    A: "Yes, I see."
    D: "--by a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs--"
    A: "Be quiet."
    D: "--or by a two-thirds majority, in the case of--"
    A: "Be quiet, I order you, be quiet!"
    W: "Order, eh? Who's he think he is?"
    A: "Why, I am your King!"
    W: "I didn't vote for you."
    A: "You don't vote for Kings."
    W: "Well, how'd you become King, then?"
    A: "The Lady of the Lake,... [angels sing] ...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. [singing stops] THAT is why I'm your king!"
    D: "Listen, strange women, lyin' in ponds, distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. SUPREME executive power derives from a mandate of the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
    A: "Shut up!"
    D: "You can't expect to weild supreme executive power, just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!"
    A: "Shut up!"
    D: "Why, if I went around, sayin' I was an emperor, just 'cause some moistened dink had lubbed a symitar at me, they'd put me away!"
    A: "Shut up! Will you shut up!" (punch)
    D: "Oh, now we see the violence inherent in the system!"
    A: "Shut up!" (punch)
    D: "Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm bein' repressed!"
    A: "Bloody peasant!"
    D: "Oh, what a giveaway! Did you see that? Did you see him repressin' me? You saw it, didn't you?..."

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    1) No. I think that he is better than the last 4 that we have had; W, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan.....

All of them were corporatist statists that knew no bounds of presidential power, but Obama has not involved the country in any overtly illegal and immoral wars to this point. He has not markedly embarrassed the country to the world yet either, but I am still waiting. He is very severely hated because he is proof that the country has changed, and that the right has lost the debate over the past 2 decades. I don't agree with about 90% of what he says, but that is no different than other presidents. With that said, he has done nothing to push back the corporate fascist state, so for this he is a failure. The Constitution is not remotely followed, and has not been for about 150 years. He has also done nothing to stop this....he is just another suit to me, no principles, just like the others have been....but I judge Presidents most directly through foreign policy. In this area, the simple fact that we have not invaded any sovereign nations for no reason gets points for me. That is how low the expectations are at this point.

Reagan: Allowed for the ramping up of the corporatist state to a level previously unseen. Wages have flatlined ever since, and the manufacturing base was allowed, encouraged, to collapse under him....he fought both sides of the brutal Iran/Iraq war, selling weapons to both sides to further the pointless bloodshed....went behind Congress's back in Iran-Contra, an offense which would have been considered treason in earlier times. Declared unofficial, illegal, brutal wars in central America (all swept under the rug since, of course) in which death squads were trained an unleashed by the US government. Leveled with bombs and killed more people than on 9/11 while in search of Manual Noreiga, mined Nicaraguan harbors, had SEALS killed for no reason in a publicity stunt war in Granada....the list goes on and on. Gets credit for stopping the Cold War, despite efforts from Russia to end it years earlier in the meeting over "star-wars", a fake program that never existed. A joke of a man, juvenile, dim-witted, myopic in vision, pumped up for gullible people to worship. Completely shat on the Constitution to a degree that would make FDR blush.

Bush Sr: Did nothing but shake Saddam's hand after he gassed his own people while the world looked the other way. Gave false signals to Saddam about Kuwait, then invaded for no reason but bravado and hegemony. To his own words, had no vision as a leader. Brought to power almost exclusively by the corporate elites, again with no argument otherwise.

Clinton: A spineless technocrat corporatist in the mold of Obama. Completely botched Somalia, Kosovo, Rwanda, and watched idly by as Al Qaeda came to power. Was offered OBL twice, refusing for short-sighted political reasons. Signed into law terrible trade agreements that benefited ONLY the large multi-nationals that wrote them, not American workers or foreign workers, speeding up our industrial decline to finish the work Reagan started....the two only varied on style, not substance....NAFTA, GAFTA, WTO agreement of 1994, all of them sped up our decline in standard of living to the benefit of his elites that put him there.

W: Where to begin....the worst President we have had since probably LBJ. Declared war in 2 Muslim countries halfway around the world without congressional approval past a simple authorization of force, one time. Both wars have been unabashed failures, to the point that even stupid people admit they were probably a bad idea. Iran was the great victor of the Iraq war, with vast waste of resources in Afghanistan. Ran deficits WHILE we had full employment, had Big Pharma write the Medicare Part D boondoggle, let the banks do anything they wanted throughout. Deregulated the SEC further than Clinton had, allowing for huge derivative markets to outsize real asset markets, culminating with the housing collapse that Dems cheered on with high-minded policy over allowing ANYONE to get a mortgage, of course bought and paid for by their banking backers....left office in disgrace, allowing the Dems to run Crusty the Clown if they wanted to win in 2008 with the damage he did the the Republicans....because of him, the Republicans will not win another election until at least 2020.

So, minus a war for no reason and no economic collapse, Obama is doing better by default. It's like being the fastest one in a slug race though, so not much credit is due.

2) Will get to that one later
    Obama isn't a corporate statist? Have you looked at his policies and appointments?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Haha I have been cutting Lazarus slack since his first post, because I was assuming that he is going easy on Obama so as to not appear a member of one or more condemned and heretical sects of thoughts, and privately reserves harsh criticisms of the man and office.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast