Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something filling that's not cooked? page

The_Introvert_Huntress is offline Senior Member

Something filling that's not cooked?

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone,

As it happens my stepdad doesn't really like me cooking in the morning (or at all, really).
    I can understand this, as I've messed up some times (cooked bacon once and I assume there was too much grease in the pan, causing it to get burnt instead of cooked... lots of smoke and an angry stepdad. It was just the last batch though, fortunately ). And I'm pretty forgetful of things, so he's afraid that I'll forget to turn off the gass and burn down the house. We don't have a stove that cuts off the gass after ten minutes or something, unfortunately.

I'm wondering if there's any filling Primal breakfasts? Now I usually have yoghurt with some almonds for breakfast, but it hardly fills me up 'till 11. (And for some reason I always have this: "OMG I must eat now or I'll DIE!!" feeling, even though I'm not shaky and my stomach doesn't rumble at all.. it's just a feeling.) I could go without food 'till 1 when I ate eggs in the morning (usually 2-3 eggs).. but when I did that Stepdad insisted that I stop or at least eat bread with it. Ugh.

I suppose I can just think f*ck it and eat whatever I want to eat, but I'd like to be able to live with my Mom and Stepdad without daily fights and arguements until my education is finished... which is 3 more years. D:

Anyone have any ideas? (I gobbled up raw eggs for a few days by the way... they made a mess and weren't really that tasty.)

peril is offline Senior Member
    Leftovers
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Leftovers? You could just microwave them.

A smoothie? Since you don't seem to mind your egg raw you could throw one in there and it would be more tasty.

Cook the eggs ahead and eat a banana with them instead of the bread if that would go down with the stepdad.

Yeah... My Mom doesn't cook enough meat for that: all the pieces are gone once we're done eating. But if there's any vegetables left that's actually a good idea! (Can't believe I haven't thought of that.) I'll pass the boiled-to-mush potatoes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Leftovers? You could just microwave them.

A smoothie? Since you don't seem to mind your egg raw you could throw one in there and it would be more tasty.

Cook the eggs ahead and eat a banana with them instead of the bread if that would go down with the stepdad.
    Hmm.. I'll have to see what Stepdad says about that (no, I'm not going to ask him, I'll just do it and see how long it takes before he notices it. )

Unfortunately we don't have a blender, food processor or stick-blender or anything like that. 's gonna be the first thing I buy for my own place.

How do you mean, cook the eggs ahead? Boil them? Or do you mean cooking them the night before (like scrambled or an omelete or just plain cooked) and microwave them the day after?

A piece of fruit would be a good idea, even if I just add it to my yoghurt. Thansk!
    Last edited by The_Introvert_Huntress; 10-10-2013 at 03:03 AM.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Boiled-to-mush potatoes make great hash browns! Stir a beaten egg into them and fry in some butter. Of course that is cooking too but you could do it the night before if you like.

You could probably do a smoothie in a shaker, you can get some that have a wheel type thing and a high lid for whipping cream or mayonnaise. It would probably make short work of a banana though I haven't tried it.

Yes, I was envisaging boiled eggs because I don't much like the idea of reheated omelette but a vege quiche might be ok either cold or warmed up.

Cheese is another food to grab and go. Goes well with fruit too.

Cottage cheese, fruit and some nuts is another good combo, especially with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Also Greek yogurt if you can get it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Full fat yoghurt if you can stomach dairy.
    Smoothies/shakes (e.g. banana + protein powder + cream)
    Cook food the night before

Boiled-to-mush potatoes make great hash browns! Stir a beaten egg into them and fry in some butter. Of course that is cooking too but you could do it the night before if you like.
    Oh, so that's what hash browns is!! I was wondering about it because I see it on the forum ocassionaly.

You could probably do a smoothie in a shaker, you can get some that have a wheel type thing and a high lid for whipping cream or mayonnaise.
    I'll have to find out where I can get a shaker then. (Does it take up a lot of space? Because that's the reason why I can't get a blender: too small kitchen.)

Cottage cheese, fruit and some nuts is another good combo, especially with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
    Unfortunately my stomach doesn't handle cottage cheese. But I can throw fruit and nuts into some greek yoghurt.

AMonkey and Damiana:

I have both greek yoghurt and full fat yoghurt. It's just that when I eat them I feel like I should eat, all the time, even though I'm not shaky and my stomach isn't rumbling. It's weird.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Your stepdad needs to stop telling you what to do. You need to learn to cook or is he expecting you to eat at home for the rest of your life?
    I make breakfast and lunch the day before in the afternoon just because I have time than. Ask your stepdad or mom to help you with it.

For non-cooked ideas
    - salad, buy those small packages of mized lettuce and add what ever you like (cucumber, apple, carrots, canned fish, nuts, etc), It will fill you up.
    - Fruit mix
    - Nuts
    - fruit and nuts into the yoghurt.

A colleague of mine had the idea to make primal granola: mixed nuts, flax seed all into the blender to eat through the yoghurt. I however made bars of it but adding molten coconut oil and shredded coconut (could have added chocolate to it) and mae a small layer in a baking tray. In the friezer for a while and cut it in bars...(no cooking involved)
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MarielleGO View Post
    Your stepdad needs to stop telling you what to do. You need to learn to cook or is he expecting you to eat at home for the rest of your life?
    [...]

For non-cooked ideas
    - salad, buy those small packages of mized lettuce and add what ever you like (cucumber, apple, carrots, canned fish, nuts, etc), It will fill you up.
    - Fruit mix
    - Nuts
    - fruit and nuts into the yoghurt.

A colleague of mine had the idea to make primal granola: mixed nuts, flax seed all into the blender to eat through the yoghurt. I however made bars of it but adding molten coconut oil and shredded coconut (could have added chocolate to it) and mae a small layer in a baking tray. In the friezer for a while and cut it in bars...(no cooking involved)

No, he's expecting me to eat those microwavable/steam meal packages. Or sandwiches for dinner, that's what he did when he was a bachelor.

... When I wanted to eat a sweet potatoe for breakfast (I was going to Dad's the day after and afraid it would go bad if I waited for two days) they freaked out, because that's not "normal". I ate it anyway, though, but Mom didn't say anything to me that morning. :/ (Yes, as soon as I have my diploma and get a full-time job, I'm out. )

I was already considering filling a big plastic container with lots of lettuce and then adding nuts and leftover meat (if there ever is any) on the day I would take it to work/eat it for breakfast. I think I should do that and just tell Stepdad that I like it & that salad can't be bad for me.

Maybe I should just gather enough courage to tell them: "I'm 18, it's ridiculous that you still decide what I eat. Bottom line is that I like this food/to eat this way and that should be enough reason to let me eat it!"

Damn, I have to get a blender.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast