Thread: Sudden Mushy Bowel Movements page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

Sudden Mushy Bowel Movements

Primal Fuel
    Well, let's see... for the past 5 days or so I have been having some mushy bowel movements. I have been primal for 2 months now and everything has gone super great. I don't believe I have added anything new to my diet over this time period.

One thing is that I think I might be eating too much. It is all healthy food, but I felt real full yesterday. Also, I have been finishing my dinners later - sometimes as late as 2 hours before I go to bed.

Has anyone had this same problem? Its not diarrhea, but real mushy...

Maybe my body is just going through a detox?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    I have been primal for 7 months now and this is a problem I've found a lot of the time. And sometimes rather worse than merely mushy!

I'm hoping that it will calm down in time - otherwise I feel really great. My asthma which I've had since I was a toddler seems to have gone so I really don't want to revert to my previous eating habits!

Any suggestions more than welcome!

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    well reading that article about the two guys who ate only meat for a year, the only time they had bowel issues was when the ratio of protein was too high, they got diarrhea. So maybe more fat, less protein?

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    That could be... I will watch my protein intake more. I am thinking that on the days when I do not lift heavy things, such as today, I should not worry about eating a ton of protein. More fat, and more veggies.

I also just need to quit stuffing myself. I will simply be more careful over the next week and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    I see my future will be spent in the bathroom -.- I ran out of coconut oil and we won't have a penny to our name until the 18th. Lots of meat though...
    Oh well, guess I'll be eating butter instead lol
    Calm the f**k down.