So like a boomerang I find myself back at MDA after absorbing the paleo way of life for the past two plus years through the usual suspects podcasts (Robb Wolf, Fat Burning Man, Etc.) This is my journey to lose 100 lbs. and become a spartan trifecta athlete

Here's a little background on me:

Height: 6'1
Weight: 300lbs.
Body fat %: Damn!

I've always been overweight, but love playing sports. I played basketball most of my life and even had a few scholarships, I also played football, baseball and was game for anything in the neighborhood growing up. My issue has never been with working out, I actually enjoy that it was always eating.

In my early 20's I tried, EVERYTHING to lose weight (like most people I would imagine that end up here) low calorie, vegetarian, weight watchers, and the only time anything "worked" was when I moved out of my parents house when I was 21 and was so excited about cooking that my (now) fiance and I cooked EVERYTHING, for an entire year and didn't eat out.

Around the same time I jumped on the P90X bandwagon so combining low calorie smart one and weight watcher frozen meals, with P90X + running everyday in the 90 degree heat, I definitely lost weight....but that's just it, I was a smaller fatter version of my former self. I ended up losing 100+ pounds but I still had a high body fat percentage and I was so tired from all the working out that I never had a chance to recover.

So naturally the weight came back.

Fast forward to a couple years ago and I was looking at before and after pictures in Google and saw this crazy transformation....I looked where the picture came from and I saw Paleo...what's this...

I found Robb Wolf's podcast, then this site, Whole9 and since then Paleo has really taken off.

Now I'm what I call ironically fat because I'm well versed in Paleo, how it works, and how it works for me but haven't stuck to it consistently to see any results...well I plan on changing that now.

My goals in my early 20's were purely aesthetic, now they're more performance based.

I want to start running Spartan races and eventually do three in one year, becoming a Spartan Trifecta Athlete. In the process I want to lose 100 lbs. or get down to a healthy bodyfat 10% or so, whatever comes first.

My first race is in April of 2014 so between now and then I want to use the MDA way to just get down in weight and carry less bodyfat.

Here's the plan of attack:
- Bodyweight exercise regimen for the first 6-8 months (then add weights)
- Get 8 hours of sleep
- Walk everything morning (usually about 3 miles)
- Sprint at least once a week
- Play basketball as much as possible, even just shooting around

It's all pretty standard stuff but putting it on here makes it real and I'm hoping to stay accountable. I have another tumblr blog that I'm doing as a video blog to chart my progress, every week I'll measure and do an update on my workout progress.

Glad to be apart of the MDA community, hoping to finally make a run at changing my life.