Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many cans of sardines to eat? page 2

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would eat the entire can in one go. But I would also eat other stuff, like pickled herring, salmon, barramundi... whatever floats your boat. Mmm, sardines. I'd say I eat a can or two a week.

fbones24 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks everyone. Had 1/2 can last night and 1/2 this morning with breakfast. My 2 year old had some too mixed with avocado on the side with his eggs. Wife is not feeling well and everything is making her feel sick so she is going to hold off until she can stomach the sardines! HA!!!

Anyone know if the Trader Joes cans are BPA free? Also, the only reason I got the ones in water is I am more concerned about the olive oil used than the water used.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    As many as you want!

I love me some fishermans eggs. Google it for some good stuff.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    x2 on water! I can't trust the words "olive oil" anymore. I automatically assume it's made of soybean oil or corn oil.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I have 2 can of sardines in olive oil with 4 hard boiled eggs and a half cup hot salsa for breakfast maybe 3x a week. it is extra nummy.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Jennifla is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fbones24 View Post
    So are you eating a can a day or less than that??

Also, my wife is pregnant right now. I'm wondering if we should be concerned with that.
    I eat a 5.5 oz can of mackerel about 4x per week. I like it better than sardines. I never ate them before I went primal, but they are such a cheap and convenient source of protein, and when I fist started eating them I felt energized. I'm not sure what the guidelines are for pregnant women, I would poke around on the internet to check that out.
    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Eliminating sardines and all oily fish has helped me a lot. No more blood sugar problems or fatigue. But I suppose "moderation" is better for most people. (I ate "primally" throughout the 2000s. So glad that is over!)

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I pretty much gave up sardines when buying them in bpa-free cans cost almost as much as buying whole salmon (the per pound price). But before that I was eating at least 12 cans per month and I eat lox on a regular basis. I haven't had pickled herring in awhile, so that will be a treat next time I venture out to a grocery store. I like mixing it up a bit. Fish has always been a part of my diet, so Primal just meant eating it a bit more.

One thing you'll never hear me say is, "Damn, there's just too much seafood in my diet."
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I pretty much gave up sardines when buying them in bpa-free cans cost almost as much as buying whole salmon (the per pound price). But before that I was eating at least 12 cans per month and I eat lox on a regular basis. I haven't had pickled herring in awhile, so that will be a treat next time I venture out to a grocery store. I like mixing it up a bit. Fish has always been a part of my diet, so Primal just meant eating it a bit more.
    King Oscar uses BPA free tins. They don't advertise it much for some reason, but they do have a section on their website and the question is frequently asked and answered on their Facebook page:

Recyclable Packaging KING OSCAR – THE BEST SEAFOOD IN THE WORLD
    My Recipes are at: www.southbeachprimal.com

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthBeachPrimal View Post
    King Oscar uses BPA free tins. They don't advertise it much for some reason, but they do have a section on their website and the question is frequently asked and answered on their Facebook page:

Recyclable Packaging KING OSCAR THE BEST SEAFOOD IN THE WORLD
    Thank you! They even sell canned cod liver in its own oil. That would be something for the 52 new things in 2013 list.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast