Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unusual Questions about Food Sensitivities. Please Help! page

geckotreefrog is offline Member

Unusual Questions about Food Sensitivities. Please Help!

Shop Now
    Hi. My son & a friend were both diagnosed with Beef, chicken, eggs, dairy (+ Gluten, of course) & many other food sensitivities. (My 20 yr old son has eaten a lot of eggs over the years, has actual egg Allergy, without any apparent symptoms. When he's home, he eats organic pastured eggs, but not @ college). I'm Wondering: If consumed beef & chicken & eggs are 100% grass/ pasture fed, could this result in elimination of those sensitivities? I'm thinking that in addition to the fatty acid profile change, animals that aren't fed grains aren't consuming gluten. Perhaps it's the grains/ gluten these conventionally raised animals eat that shows up as an allergy to beef, chicken & eggs? I know dairy is more complicated, as the allergy could be to casein or lactose. I don't know offhand which specific type/ "Brand" sensitivity/ allergy tests were used. Which are the most accurate? Anyone know how good the ALCAT testing is? (I know that Enterolabs stool antigen test is best to determine gluten sensitivity, But not sure for testing other foods). Thanks for any help!

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Use the 21 day strategy. Get your son clean of all the foods he is sensitive for, for at least 21 days. Than slowly introduce them back one by one. 1 food group ever 2 weeks or so. for meat take indeed the grassfed well checked versions as they have less nasty things in them. See which foods he reacts most violent to. This way you can find out what he can and can't eat.

Now I know PB doesn't say anything about chewing and how many times to chew, but make sure he chews his food properly. at least 5 times before swallowing. Chewing makes sure that enzymes that are needed for digestion are mized in with the food.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    Just wondering, how can someone have an allergy without any symptoms?

Ron_Swanson is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geckotreefrog View Post
    Hi. My son & a friend were both diagnosed with Beef, chicken, eggs, dairy (+ Gluten, of course) & many other food sensitivities. (My 20 yr old son has eaten a lot of eggs over the years, has actual egg Allergy, without any apparent symptoms. When he's home, he eats organic pastured eggs, but not @ college). I'm Wondering: If consumed beef & chicken & eggs are 100% grass/ pasture fed, could this result in elimination of those sensitivities? I'm thinking that in addition to the fatty acid profile change, animals that aren't fed grains aren't consuming gluten. Perhaps it's the grains/ gluten these conventionally raised animals eat that shows up as an allergy to beef, chicken & eggs? I know dairy is more complicated, as the allergy could be to casein or lactose. I don't know offhand which specific type/ "Brand" sensitivity/ allergy tests were used. Which are the most accurate? Anyone know how good the ALCAT testing is? (I know that Enterolabs stool antigen test is best to determine gluten sensitivity, But not sure for testing other foods). Thanks for any help!
    Use the pulse method of home testing to determine true food allergies. If his pulse increases more than 20-30 bpm after consuming a suspected food then your son is sensitive to the food. I agree with Marielle the best next step is to eliminate the foods for at least 30 days. The intestine regrows entirely during this time period. I would also suggest follow this protocol on my site: Colon Cleansing: How To Do It Properly | FixYourGut.com. This would eliminate bad bacteria and yeast, as well as repair the lining of the intestinal tract. I would have him abstain from Gluten for at least 6 months.

ALCAT is a food antibody test that is used to determine food allergies.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gutThe book price is $9.99.

I put my blood, sweat, and tears in making sure that this ebook is one of the best literary pieces written in regard to digestive health. You want detailed cutting edge information on probiotics and digestive enzymes, BAM, its all searchable in an easy to read kindle format.

geckotreefrog is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannakb View Post
    Just wondering, how can someone have an allergy without any symptoms?
    I have wondered the same thing. My son had testing a few years ago that showed such a high allergic reaction to eggs, that a medic alert card was included. But, he continues to eat eggs, & doesn't show any apparent symptoms. We never had the results explained to us because the M.D. who ordered the tests (done by testing companies Not connected to the M.D), turned out to be dishonest, so we never went back. We know he was dishonest because a specific treatment he recommended for our son, who has Asperger's syndrome (part of the Autism spectrum) sounded suspicious to me. So, I called the ARI (Autism Research Institute) & found out that the M.D's recommendation was based on an incorrect statement that completely broke w/ ARI protocol. So, ARI removed him from their recommended practitioner list. However, he is still unfortunately on other recommended lists. What's so scary, is that this M.D. is one of the original founders of ARI & their Autism protocols! He's based in Grapevine, TX. Who knows, he May know how to help Autism, but in our case we would have paid even more $ for something that didn't even apply to our son! (My Husband first became suspicious when he noticed that the M.D. was wearing an ~$800 pair of shoes). Clearly, I've digressed!!! Then again, felt good to get that off my chest!

I do know that a person can have non Celiac Gluten sensitivity that doesn't necessarily cause digestive symptoms. Gluten can cause Many varied symptoms including autoimmune diseases, "foggy" thinking, some Autism symptoms... the list goes on. Thanks for the responses so far I mostly wonder about the most accurate tests. (Thanks for the pulse method, Ron_Swanson, & the 21 day strategy, MarielleGO. While they sound of value to me, My son would need to see actual test results to convince him to even consider making dietary changes. Any additional info, thoughts, I'd love to hear! I would still love to know if Feedlot cattle grains can be the cause of beef sensitivity! Thanks!!!

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Skin reaction does not equal blood reaction does not equal ingestion reaction. Those equivalences have been pretty much completely discredited scientifically, even though they are still commonly used. So my guess would be he had a skin or blood reaction to egg protein, and the automatic assumption was that it was food also. Or it was blood and the concern was medications with egg such as the flu shot and it was poorly explained to you that that was the concern and not the food.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and beef allergy is to the actual beef protein. It is highly dangerous because the allergic reaction tends to come up hours after eating, so the person may be asleep and unable to react. So feed lot vs conventional vs grown on the moon- does not matter, it is all beef protein.

It would be the same for any other flesh protein, though I have never heard of anyone being allergic to fowl meat.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    I've heard of people being unable to process any protein but not catchin it when they are babies leads to brain damage

leighlu is offline Member
    I can tell you that I have issues with conventional dairy but none with organic or grass fed. I have no issues with regular meat though. No idea why, But I have tested it enough times.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    It's possible, especially with eggs. I read one diet book that recommended eliminating eggs, not because eggs are bad but because of possible reactions to the soy feed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast