Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clenching my jaw page

walker.alles is offline Junior Member

Clenching my jaw

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I constantly clench my jaw. I catch myself doing it throughout the day and have to make a conscious effort to stop. Any thoughts? I get plenty of exercise and eat reasonably well (primal 80 - 90 % of the time). This has been going on fr about 4 months...

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Me, too. Always have. Unless I make a conscious effort not to, by making it part of my routine, I just automatically spend most of my day clenching my teeth. Is it a problem? IDK.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    It is. I do it too, and it can cause tooth fractures.

You jave to practice relaxing, and I use a wheat sack aroudn my neck when I go to sleep.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Me, too. Always have. Unless I make a conscious effort not to, by making it part of my routine, I just automatically spend most of my day clenching my teeth. Is it a problem? IDK.
    I feel like it probably is a problem but I guess I'm not sure. I assume that it is because of the soreness I usually feel. Sometimes when I catch myself my jaw is clenching very very tight and it just seems like something I should address. Have you noticed anything negative associated with your clenching?

Primal_BK is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem, work stress make it occur more frequently. Sleeping on your back helps prevent you from doing while sleeping.

Toothpicks work great during the day.

rory535 is offline Member
    I do it too and have for decades. It's eroded away some of my enamel. I have amalgams and heard that it releases more mercury due to the clenching. I'm actually going in a couple of weeks to get a treatment plan to remove the amalgams due to this mercury issue. It's with a mercury safe dentist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    The grinding of teeth at night has already worn away all my enamel on one tooth. I got a mouth guard after that

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    It's stress related... I do it more if I'm stressed out.
    Meditation works well. Taking a round against a punching bag will alos do miracles.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

I do have amalgam fillings but not sure about the mercury content. Next time I go to the dentist ill have to bring this up. It could be stress but I'm surprised my frequent exercise isn't more of a natural release.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by walker.alles View Post
    I do have amalgam fillings but not sure about the mercury content. Next time I go to the dentist ill have to bring this up. It could be stress but I'm surprised my frequent exercise isn't more of a natural release.
    The exercise might help but you might need more.
    Pay attention to the days that it is worse than others and think about what might trigger it. For me it's worries and sugar...that's why since going primal it's been a lot less. for you it might be other things that causes your body stress.
    If you just went primal, that might be a temporary stress trigger...
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast