Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How do u feel when u see a woman lift heavy? page

egyption grok is offline Senior Member

How do u feel when u see a woman lift heavy?

Primal Fuel
    When ur in the gym guys how do u feel when a woman lifts heavier u , because currently at school I lift heavier than any guy in any lift and ssometimes I see them just stare or mabye im being paranoid but it is very uncomfortable bec what I think they think is why is a chick lifting heavy does she want to look pumped or something thats for guys again mabye im being paranoid bt can u guys tell me wat u would think

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I can't say that I ever see such a thing where I work out, but I was watching tv and there where women doing some impressive weights in the crossfit games. On that level I move into assessing and appreciating them as an athlete. That does involve staring .

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I always think, "You GO, girl!" because as a woman I love when I see another woman who knows that lifting heavy is good. It really bugs me to see women lifting the 2 lb pink weights, or to tell me they "want to tone, not bulk up."
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Women lifting heavy is awesome.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    The weight a woman or a man is lifting means very little to me, it is the intensity of effort they put into a set that gets my attention. If I saw a woman in obvious pain,gritting her teeth as she pushed passed failure on a leg press with moderate weights using partial reps, static holds etc that would impress me more than some she hulk squatting 300 lbs for easy straight sets.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I have a few bodybuilding females at my gym and I am 90% I love with them, 10% jealous.

Like omg. Some person is getting ready for a competition this weekend and she is soooo hot.

(Okay sorry for getting off topic...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    When I see a woman performing proper barbell lifts, whether or not the weight is more than I can lift, I get the vapors. My pulse rises, my knees shake, and my palms get clammy. It's like the first time I ever fell in love, all over again. Keep that shit up!!!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I usually feel admiration and jealousy. All the women who lift heavier than me are GORGEOUS. I'm just short, fat and old.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

RMF5630 is offline Junior Member
    I am all for women lifting heavy. Where I work out there are some professional women bodybuilders, figure competitors, power lifters, and simply women training with Olympic lifts. I am not big on the women bodybuilders because of the hormone use (you can tell listening to their voices), but the others look great. I am more impressed with consistency, the ones I see there week in and week out are the ones that turn my head. The women in their 40's that have been coming for years are the ones that impress me. Maybe its because I am older now, I find myself thinking "shit, I did that at 28 too. Hell, anyone can lift hard and heavy in their 20 and 30's! Talk to me at 45.."

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RMF5630 View Post
    I am all for women lifting heavy. Where I work out there are some professional women bodybuilders, figure competitors, power lifters, and simply women training with Olympic lifts. I am not big on the women bodybuilders because of the hormone use (you can tell listening to their voices), but the others look great. I am more impressed with consistency, the ones I see there week in and week out are the ones that turn my head. The women in their 40's that have been coming for years are the ones that impress me. Maybe its because I am older now, I find myself thinking "shit, I did that at 28 too. Hell, anyone can lift hard and heavy in their 20 and 30's! Talk to me at 45.."
    Or even 58 !

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast