Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 127

Thread: How do u feel when u see a woman lift heavy? page 9

  1. #81
    bloodorchid's Avatar
    bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,321
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    You started the "I bet" talk, but then you chicken out on my following up...
    because you want me to pay for your trip!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

  2. #82
    magnolia1973's Avatar
    magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,027
    I don't understand being a sour grape over it, I guess.
    Because I see today, how much better I am treated as an "attractive person" in parts of life that are irrelevant to being attractive. Like when I was in design school, I used to go to studio to do my work, and other students mooed at me. I was not asking them for dates or to assess my weight. I was trying to get my assignments done. I was harassed constantly and hence had to work at home and was less productive. I'm not mad that there were pretty girls. Or that they liked the pretty girls. I'm mad that they harassed me because I was not "pretty" despite the fact that good product design has nothing to do with one's appearance.

    I think above all, fat people want to be left alone. I don't think they mind when you look at a beautiful woman and call them beautiful. I think they get mad when they start being degraded for not being beautiful in irrelevant situations. It sucks the enjoyment out of things.

    You are super lucky that it rolls off your back. For many women, it absolutely does not and it ends up being a limiting factor on what they can achieve because it erodes self confidence over time to be put down for your appearance in every aspect of your life.

    http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

  3. #83
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    4,153
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    My Dad always used to tell me to date ugly fat women because they are more grateful !

    I didn't follow his advice though !

    Hey, that's Donkey Calf-raises OldSchool! I sometimes do them here in my office with two of my assistants sitting on my hip and back! Great exercise btw...

  4. #84
    OldSchhool's Avatar
    OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,255
    I don't really get the big deal over wording, I was fat and bald in this pic, saying I was husky and folliclly challenged wouldn't have made me feel any better.



    I used the pic as incentive to lose the weight, I'm still bald as a coot but I've learned to embrace the baldness !

  5. #85
    Gorbag's Avatar
    Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    4,153
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    because you want me to pay for your trip!
    Not at all, only to put in the half of the bet! I'll pay my trip though...

  6. #86
    drssgchic's Avatar
    drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,111
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Eh, it's all about the context. Trust me, when the comments were made towards me, they weren't praising my potential for plow pulling. I'd say 99% of the time it's a comment make to make the commenter feel better about their shortcomings.

    Like awesome, you have a beautiful wife, so why is it necessary to put down fat, ugly wives? Does it make you feel better? Is it necessary?
    I totally get where you're coming from. I've never been treated that badly, but I was also older when I really put on my weight, so people are a little less verbally rude.

    I just found it to be an interesting factoid- and something to help me come to terms with the fact that I'm built like a farm wife. At my leanest, I'm far from delicate. However, now that I look at the delicate cardio bunnies and say "I could pick one of you up in each hand" instead of "woe is me, I've got a big ass" it's easier to be happy with me.

    (Well, I will be able to pick one up in each hand. Need to get on that.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

    Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

    And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

  7. #87
    OldSchhool's Avatar
    OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Hey, that's Donkey Calf-raises OldSchool! I sometimes do them here in my office with two of my assistants sitting on my hip and back! Great exercise btw...
    Awesome exercise buddy, I have fond memories of me doing them as a teenager with my granddad on my back.....man I miss that guy !

  8. #88
    magnolia1973's Avatar
    magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,027
    I don't really get the big deal over wording, I was fat and bald in this pic, saying I was husky and folliclly challenged wouldn't have made me feel any better.
    You alluded "fat and ugly women are grateful" which kind of alludes to the idea that they don't have better options because they aren't pretty. They may well have better options. If you had said "Big boned less attractive women are grateful" it would not have been any less crappy of a statement.

    I totally get where you're coming from. I've never been treated that badly, but I was also older when I really put on my weight, so people are a little less verbally rude.
    Yeah, I think being older you are more invisible. I found the meanest people were middle of the road in terms of attractiveness. Most of my friends, men and women, were very attractive and secure in their appearance. Most of the cruelest people were probably just trying to make themselves feel better. I think that stops as you get older.

    http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

  9. #89
    OldSchhool's Avatar
    OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    You alluded "fat and ugly women are grateful" which kind of alludes to the idea that they don't have better options because they aren't pretty. They may well have better options. If you had said "Big boned less attractive women are grateful" it would not have been any less crappy of a statement.


    Yeah, I think being older you are more invisible. I found the meanest people were middle of the road in terms of attractiveness. Most of my friends, men and women, were very attractive and secure in their appearance. Most of the cruelest people were probably just trying to make themselves feel better. I think that stops as you get older.
    I was using the wording from my Dad, he has never been a man known for his tact. If I didn't stand up to bullies I wasn't being passive I was chicken shit or wimpy, if I struggled to do my homework I wasn't slow of mind I was thick or stupid. I think we can bubble wrap stuff too much now days, the world can be a very cruel place so in my opinion it's best hardening up as early as possible so you are better able to deal with what it can throw at you.

  10. #90
    turquoisepassion's Avatar
    turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NYC (and ATX)
    Posts
    2,743
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Magnolia,
    I see your point. It is hurtful. I just don't think being easily butt hurt due to content and jokes on teh internetz is the way to go.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

    My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


    Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

    " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •