Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How do u feel when u see a woman lift heavy? page 7

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Isn't that applicable to how girls view guys too?

Do we demand pictures of guys lifting on mda because we want to see someone with 3 eyes and obese lifting or do we want to see someone with a cute face and some 6 packs?

Be consistent please. I have seen you flirting with the mda guys and drooling over their 6 packs just like the rest of us. Don't turn around and preach to the guys for appreciating a pretty face on top of being fit.
    I agree with Magnolia on this. I don't think her point is that people can't drool over attractiveness. Her point is that physical accomplishments are negated due to looks, such as her performance with horses, instead of being admired for what it is, results in a "fat thighs" comment. Like if a 300lb dude posted a video of himself squatting a lot of weight, and instead of people being impressed with his strength, they would tell him he's a fat ass.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Be consistent please. I have seen you flirting with the mda guys and drooling over their 6 packs just like the rest of us. Don't turn around and preach to the guys for appreciating a pretty face on top of being fit.
    I said go right on ahead and admire pretty women. I admire hot men. All day long. In fact I said
    If they ask you if you find them attractive, fine, be honest.
    But I don't pull pics of less attractive men and say "hey, look at that pig". Which is what happened here to 3 female athletes not blessed with beauty. Not cool EVER. I'm not saying men need to lust after them, just that we have no right to make negative jabs at their appearance.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    5 bucks

it's not about winning the cash, it's about the satisfaction of watching
    Alright, if you had said $ 1 million, I might have travelled to Japan for a challenge and brought the same with me to put in the-winner-takes-it-all pot!!! But the fight should go under MMA rules and not the Sumo rules...

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    I agree with Magnolia on this. I don't think her point is that people can't drool over attractiveness. Her point is that physical accomplishments are negated due to looks, such as her performance with horses, instead of being admired for what it is, results in a "fat thighs" comment. Like if a 300lb dude posted a video of himself squatting a lot of weight, and instead of people being impressed with his strength, they would tell him he's a fat ass.
    It isn't that the physical achievements are negated when it is done by someone fat/plain... It is that society tend to notice abd praise the same action achieved by someone who is hot and can do the same action. I am pointing out that the females who get offended over **guys** doing this ("omg you ass!"), are the same females who tend to fawn more over the strength and feats of buff lifters than obese lifters. My point is that it does go both ways gender-wise.

We evolved to be shallow, hence I don't see a reason to preach to people for focusing more on pretty people. Guys like to stare at pretty chicks. I don't see a problem with that. I like to stare at pretty chicks too.

Also she was blaming guys for girls getting eating disorders. Studies have shown the presence of ed in societies where fuller figure are considered the prettiest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    you dug yourself into this, quit trying to pansy your way out of it

sumo, on their turf, me in a front row seat smiling
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I said go right on ahead and admire pretty women. I admire hot men. All day long. In fact I said

But I don't pull pics of less attractive men and say "hey, look at that pig". Which is what happened here to 3 female athletes not blessed with beauty. Not cool EVER. I'm not saying men need to lust after them, just that we have no right to make negative jabs at their appearance.
    Ah. I see.

------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Don't turn around and preach to the guys for appreciating a pretty face on top of being fit.
    And again, comments about rendering lard and mannish appearance about women one doesn't find attractive is NOT the same as posting a photo of a pretty woman and saying "oooo, pretty".

Like I said, it's fine, all day long to admire what makes a person awesome. But as women, we need to put a stop to it being OK to diminish the achievements of women not related to physical beauty because a woman isn't pretty. We don't make comments about male athletes like that. No one posts a heavyweight powerlifter male photo and says "mooo". So lets not degrade women in the same light.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    My Dad always used to tell me to date ugly fat women because they are more grateful !

I didn't follow his advice though !

Last edited by OldSchhool; 10-11-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    My Dad always used to tell me to date ugly fat women because they are more grateful !
    Lmao!!!

------

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you dug yourself into this, quit trying to pansy your way out of it

sumo, on their turf, me in a front row seat smiling
    I am not travelling to Japan for 5 bucks, so you'll better put some more on the table here...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast