bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    How much do you bet?
    5 bucks

it's not about winning the cash, it's about the satisfaction of watching
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Lifting heavy seems to be working for her.

In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Interesting...as long as you are pretty, it's a good thing, LOL. But the second you are unpretty, let us bash you and shame you. That lady clearly has a great body, fitness and nutrition dialed in. But if she was a little bulkier, maybe not so cute, in a frumpy outfit, we wouldn't give a shit if she was winning a competition or getting a huge PR. We'd just note that she uses steroids, we would not want to look like that or that she is a lardass.

So apparently, if you are pretty and lifting heavy weights, rock on with your bad self sister, we admire you. If you are less pretty...please, just go do it where we can't see you because it obviously isn't doing you any good to get stronger, because it's not making you prettier.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Interesting...as long as you are pretty, it's a good thing, LOL. But the second you are unpretty, let us bash you and shame you. That lady clearly has a great body, fitness and nutrition dialed in. But if she was a little bulkier, maybe not so cute, in a frumpy outfit, we wouldn't give a shit if she was winning a competition or getting a huge PR. We'd just note that she uses steroids, we would not want to look like that or that she is a lardass.

So apparently, if you are pretty and lifting heavy weights, rock on with your bad self sister, we admire you. If you are less pretty...please, just go do it where we can't see you because it obviously isn't doing you any good to get stronger, because it's not making you prettier.
    In all fairness, showing a thin, pretty woman lifting heavy is a good counterargument to Gorbag's unstated implication that lifting heavy makes a girl into a sumo wrestler.

I agree that aesthetics shouldn't be the only reason women lift, that capability and strength are virtues in and of themselves. See all the links I've posted in this thread. But there's nothing wrong with admiring women who are beautiful and strong. It's one of my favorite hobbies.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    It's not primary about prettyness or how you look, but about health, and that goes to both men and woman! Lifting very heavy weights when having a lot of fat on your body is very taxing on heart- and cardiovascular system, and sumo wrestles and powerlifters tend to die early due to this...

quikky is offline Senior Member
    I think the point is that beauty and strength are not exclusive. However, it also important to note that strength is strength, and does not make someone beautiful in and of itself. So, an unattractive woman who is strong, is still unattractive. Similarly, a beautiful woman is beautiful even if she becomes strong, which is a bit counter-culture, since society expects her to be dainty, and muscle-less.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    But there's nothing wrong with admiring women who are beautiful and strong. It's one of my favorite hobbies.
    nothing wrong with that and you always are encouraging. But to people who need to knock the women who are not so pretty, but obviously strong... for being not pretty sucks. I mean, it's not necessary to liken 2 women who seriously train and have a passion for wrestling to pigs. Let them enjoy their sport without the lens of unnecessary judgment. Let them enjoy their sport without having to think in the back of their mind that someone might see a photo they are proud of and liken them to being hogs. Seriously, the deadlift woman... maybe that was a PR for her and a proud moment. Yet people are like "mmm, her legs are big".

Pretty women and men don't get it. I used to have a photo of me jumping my favorite horse. He looked a 10 in the photo and my form was spot on. I loved the photo and my mom made the comment "too bad your thighs are so fat, ruined the image". It's like holy hell, if you aren't perfect looking, you'd better not take pride in anything you do since you aren't pretty.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    In all fairness, showing a thin, pretty woman lifting heavy is a good counterargument to Gorbag's unstated implication that lifting heavy makes a girl into a sumo wrestler.
    You are dreaming and making up stuff as usual...

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The number of women who achieve a status of sex-symbol is as low as the number of women who are athletic stars. Very few can achieve that sort of a control over their body. That in itself is admirable.

Yes, it does, but it is NOT an Rx for looking like her. She is one of the very few genetically gifted lucky women who can have the firm muscular body when stimulated with lifting and who can actually progress in lifting. Most of us will not be able to simultaneously have muscular mass this high and BF this low and lift competitive weight. Same goes for any other sport.
    Last edited by Leida; 10-11-2013 at 11:36 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

How do u feel when u see a woman lift heavy?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

Isn't that applicable to how girls view guys too?

Do we demand pictures of guys lifting on mda because we want to see someone with 3 eyes and obese lifting or do we want to see someone with a cute face and some 6 packs?

Be consistent please. I have seen you flirting with the mda guys and drooling over their 6 packs just like the rest of us. Don't turn around and preach to the guys for appreciating a pretty face on top of being fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast