Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How do u feel when u see a woman lift heavy? page 4

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    No such thing as toned. There is chubby and lean skin, big and small muscles. Muscle tone suffers if you have Down syndrome or never move, like veal. Otherwise, for healthy adults who train at all, muscle tone isn't really variable for the most part. You cannot "tone" your muscles.
    I was just using it in the sense oc what people use it as , which is like u said having little fat ontop of well shaped muscle

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egyption grok View Post
    I was just using it in the sense oc what people use it as , which is like u said having little fat ontop of well shaped muscle

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    That happens in the kitchen, not the gym.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    That lady is big because she eats big. She eats big so she can grow bigger muscles to lift that heavy weight. All she'd have to do to change her appearance is eat less big. Her muscles would get a little smaller, she'd lose some fat and probably look pretty ordinary. But to lift a big heavy weight like that you have to want it more than an ordinary body.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I pretty much expect female weightlifter athletes to lift more than me if they compete on a high level in their lifts, so I am usually not that impressed…

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    No offense to u but she doesnt have toned legs im more looking for a toned leg than just big legs
    Jesus, the woman is strong as shit and pulling a heavy deadlift that is probably the most awkward lift. Her legs are fucking awesome and probably if you saw her in street clothes instead of gym clothes with a bar pressed against the biggest part of her leg, she'd have great legs.

She probably eats, which is what you have to do to get extremely strong. If she wanted to, she could starve for a few weeks and look plenty lean.

Haha, I feel super unladylike when I deadlift. I even grunt, LOL.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post

I saw her and thought, "Look! my legs! She has them!"
    Yeah, full of male hormones probably...

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Wait so a women cant get a fantastic body by doing cardio AND lifting heavy?
    I am sure some women can. I just haven't seen the examples in real life, and was unsuccessful myself due to my very low athletic ability. I could not overload enough to continue to stimulate muscle growth and/or drop body fat. I ended up stalling my body into a stalemate and complete exhaustion. I am setting up to test a different programming, as soon as I regain my Faith enough to be back to the gym. It is always hard to do after another failure.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, full of male hormones probably...
    Honestly, my legs don't look much different from hers. I don't use steroids. Big fucking thighs are useful for squats and deadlifts.

Can we just let strong women enjoy their achievement without putting down their apprearance or needing to allude that they are manly? I think it's awesome that she is pulling a huge deadlift.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Honestly, my legs don't look much different from hers. I don't use steroids. Big fucking thighs are useful for squats and deadlifts.

Can we just let strong women enjoy their achievement without putting down their apprearance or needing to allude that they are manly? I think it's awesome that she is pulling a huge deadlift.
    That deadlifting woman looks more than steroided to me, the whole packet, not only her legs...

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Dropping body fat below functionality is vanity. Have you gone outside with no body fat on? I haven't. But I remember being 220 pounds and never understanding why people wore coats in the winter. Now at around 180, 17% body fat, I need a coat. Fat is useful and good. Yeah, I like seeing my abs a bit when I flex in the mirror, and I do think it would be fun to drop a few more vanity pounds. But without an intense diet and workout plan, I'll just have to settle for strong and healthy.

And I'm proud of everybody who gets their butt into the gym, male or female, chubby or crispy. I always think to myself, "Hell yeah, do it! Do it! BE AWESOME!"

And those big legs are genetic/hormonal. I see mexican ladies all the time with that body. Sometimes a tad chubby, but legs that could lift a tractor.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast