Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do u feel when u see a woman lift heavy? page 3

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

I saw her and thought, "Look! my legs! She has them!"

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

prufock is offline Member
    I've never seen it in person, but if I did I'd probably think "jeez I have to lift more." It's impressive when anyone lifts heavy just because I know how much work must have gone into getting to that point, using my own work as a reference point.

I can definitely see how it could be intimidating to guys - especially in junior or high school (I assume that's what you mean) - as far as approaching a woman.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I usually think: "How many sets she has left, I need the rack/bench... If I can start on this strategically placed bench/Oly platform... I can keep an eye on her and get the rack/bench..."

Honestly, most thoughts that go through my mind in the gym is about making sure I get access to the equipment. That's why I am starting to do more KBs, since the gym got a few more extra sets last week (and I like KBs and I hope they can help me to get firmer). One of the monitors told me that they are bringing in the 3rd squat rack, so we shall see if it is barbell or KBs in the end.

EDIT: Oh, if the gal has real delts I usually watch what she is doing. And normally they don't lift heavy, they do the 8-15s. So, I am switching to that. If they have fantastic bods, I don't even watch any more, I know they are doing cardio with a touch of dumbbells lifting off the benches.
    Last edited by Leida; 10-11-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I suspect it has more to do with the culture you live in. Egypt is a mostly Muslim much more conservative country than the US or Europe and women are held to a more traditional role by societal norms. That being said rock their world and lift for the skies my lady. You wont change everybody but you will inspire some other women and maybe open the eyes of some men.

Personally I find strong women incredibly appealing, I hate dealing with women who have a "I am a weakling" mentality, makes me want to scream.
    Ya I mo ed to CANADA a few weeks back and thats where I train with all guys and no GIRLS its kind of a nightmare !! bt like u said im diing this for me and only for me

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post

I saw her and thought, "Look! my legs! She has them!"
    No offense to u but she doesnt have toned legs im more looking for a toned leg than just big legs

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I usually think: "How many sets she has left, I need the rack/bench... If I can start on this strategically placed bench/Oly platform... I can keep an eye on her and get the rack/bench..."

Honestly, most thoughts that go through my mind in the gym is about making sure I get access to the equipment. That's why I am starting to do more KBs, since the gym got a few more extra sets last week (and I like KBs and I hope they can help me to get firmer). One of the monitors told me that they are bringing in the 3rd squat rack, so we shall see if it is barbell or KBs in the end.

EDIT: Oh, if the gal has real delts I usually watch what she is doing. And normally they don't lift heavy, they do the 8-15s. So, I am switching to that. If they have fantastic bods, I don't even watch any more, I know they are doing cardio with a touch of dumbbells lifting off the benches.
    Wait so a women cant get a fantastic body by doing cardio AND lifting heavy?

No such thing as toned. There is chubby and lean skin, big and small muscles. Muscle tone suffers if you have Down syndrome or never move, like veal. Otherwise, for healthy adults who train at all, muscle tone isn't really variable for the most part. You cannot "tone" your muscles.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Muscle tone suffers if you have Down syndrome or never move, like veal.
    To be fair, I know some people who move around about as much as veal. And they do have soft, squishy muscles. But while tone is a thing, things would be less confusing if we eradicated it from the popular vernacular, because it conjures up silly imagery of spot-reducing fat, which is all but impossible.

Bottom line: a strong muscle is a toned muscle, and you will only see your muscles when your body fat is low enough to reveal them. Or dissection.

Yes.

And big strong muscles are big strong muscles, no matter how much fat they're buried under. Yay! Look at the world's strongest people. Never lean.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes.

And big strong muscles are big strong muscles, no matter how much fat they're buried under. Yay! Look at the world's strongest people. Never lean.
    Yes. And under the fluff, those muscles are toned as hell. Case in point: Jim Steel

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast