Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: How do u feel when u see a woman lift heavy? page 11

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'd not read the whole thread so missed that comment, I do agree that comments such as that are out of order. regarding those girls, however, I have a good friend who lived for many years in Japan and he said the sumo wrestlers are sex symbols over there in the same way that rock stars are in many other parts of the world. Those girls are probably getting Japanese equivalents of Brad Pitt throwing themselves at them every night, I doubt comments about their weight would bother them too much.
    That would be true if female sports were as popular as male sports. Not sure about Japan, but in the West, from Ancient Greece on, female competitions were not exactly generating the same interest as the male ones. I mean, who've ever heard of the Heraean Games? But the Olympics, well, yes, of course.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    How appropriate is this, just clicked on a British newspaper site that I read and this was the first headline:

Obese Mike Waudby tried to kill himself when he was 33st - now he's shed 18st and is nicknamed Mr Muscles | Mail Online

I think women can be even crueler than men at times !

Here is another example of my PC Dad !

One day he had gone to the works canteen for his daily salad and he witnessed a group of obese female co workers sat round a table discussing their diet woes. My dad goes over and said " I was reading an article today that said that obesity was often cause by an over active........over active....errrm ", one of the women jumps in " Thyroid ", my dad says " No, over active knife and fork !". Needless to say he had to make a run for it !!!

egyption grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Seriously, there is more to life for some women than looking sexy. If someone wants to be a sumo lifter or a heavyweight lifter or whatever LET THEM. If they ask you if you find them attractive, fine, be honest. But otherwise keep your thoughts to yourself. Maybe these women would rather attain athletic achievements then be considered sex symbols.

That's a fucking asshole comment too. Fucking asshole comments like that are why women don't work out, puke up their food and starve themselves.
    +1 like seriously guys wtf??

Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Fucking asshole comments like that are why women don't work out, puke up their food and starve themselves.
    Lol at giving other people the power to "make" you do things. Can you make me become a drunk again? Go ahead and try. I will never give you that power. And you should never let my words "make" you do things. That is frailty, weakness, and a victim mentality.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    I lifted really heavy things (for my size and ability) for several years and my bladder and uterus *fell* due to the strain/stress. Be careful. BTW: I was 46 and had delivered 3 kids already but it can happen without ever having children.

So, now I am jealous when I see women running, jumping, swinging and lifting because I cannot do it anymore to the same intensity. Pity party. I also want to run up to them and warn them!

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    I lifted really heavy things (for my size and ability) for several years and my bladder and uterus *fell* due to the strain/stress. Be careful. BTW: I was 46 and had delivered 3 kids already but it can happen without ever having children.

So, now I am jealous when I see women running, jumping, swinging and lifting because I cannot do it anymore to the same intensity. Pity party. I also want to run up to them and warn them!
    omg I am freaked out now :/

Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post

Thanks for your post, maybe people will start listening to my advice a little more now !

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I can't say that I ever see such a thing where I work out...
    Yeah, I live in Seoul right now and I've never seen such a thing.

Women here want to be 99lb w near zero muscle. Nobody would even think of coming over the olympic barbell, that's my turf.

Never really saw it in the states either, just on those magazines where the chick is turning into the hulk.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Lol at giving other people the power to "make" you do things. Can you make me become a drunk again? Go ahead and try. I will never give you that power. And you should never let my words "make" you do things. That is frailty, weakness, and a victim mentality.
    You a 15 or 16 year old girl? With the strength to tell people to fuck off? No one makes me do anything these days, but back when I was a teenager, assholes like you commenting on my weight in a rude manner was not something I dealt with well and did do destructive things to myself. Funny, hard to build up a backbone when people are constantly cruel to you.

Did it make you feel awesome and proud of yourself by making a "funny" about a couple of women not hear to kick your ass.

I hope it did, because you were a person I had some respect for and I have exactly zero now.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast