Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How do u feel when u see a woman lift heavy? page 10

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think we can bubble wrap stuff too much now days, the world can be a very cruel place so in my opinion it's best hardening up as early as possible so you are better able to deal with what it can throw at you.
    I dunno, I think we've merged into assholery. Like really, do you think it was OK to make the rendering lard comment about the sumo women? Unsolicited?

I'm all about being honest with people, and don't believe in staying PC for criticism. But at the same time, being critical starts to tear people down. I don't think it does any good to tell someone who is fat "oh, you are just plush" or "oh, you are curvy and awesome". But heck, if they are strong, you do need to preface that by pointing out that they are not attractive. But jeez, they do need constant feedback that they are fat. I mean, at least your dad's criticism was targeted. It's not like you struggled with homework and he called you a chicken shit

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    In my culture house wifes for some reason often call their husbands "Gordo" or "fatso" even if he is thin like a straw...

I just don't think being easily butt hurt due to content and jokes on teh internetz is the way to go.
    My ass isn't hurt. I just feel badly for the women in the photos and want to let people know that it's an asshole thing to do. To be honest, if I put up a photo of me deadlifting and you said "ooo, a whale" I'd probably not say a thing and feel like crap about myself. It's not cool to make people feel like crap about themselves, unsolicited. It's not useful. For all I know, the women in those photos might come beat you up, agree with you or be like "hell yeah, I'm big and proud". And that would be awesome.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    My ass isn't hurt.
    Do you want it to be?

To get some balance between the sexes here; How do you feel when you see a man lifting heavy? Personally I would say that becoming fat for the reason of lifting more is not very primal and that being healthy should be more important than lifting more just for the sake of lifting more! But that's just my personal view since I can still admire a well performed lift;

Do you want it to be?
    Haha.... lol. Are you volunteering?

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I dunno, I think we've merged into assholery. Like really, do you think it was OK to make the rendering lard comment about the sumo women? Unsolicited?

I'm all about being honest with people, and don't believe in staying PC for criticism. But at the same time, being critical starts to tear people down. I don't think it does any good to tell someone who is fat "oh, you are just plush" or "oh, you are curvy and awesome". But heck, if they are strong, you do need to preface that by pointing out that they are not attractive. But jeez, they do need constant feedback that they are fat. I mean, at least your dad's criticism was targeted. It's not like you struggled with homework and he called you a chicken shit
    I'd not read the whole thread so missed that comment, I do agree that comments such as that are out of order. regarding those girls, however, I have a good friend who lived for many years in Japan and he said the sumo wrestlers are sex symbols over there in the same way that rock stars are in many other parts of the world. Those girls are probably getting Japanese equivalents of Brad Pitt throwing themselves at them every night, I doubt comments about their weight would bother them too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    To get some balance between the sexes here; How do you feel when you see a man lifting heavy? Personally I would say that becoming fat for the reason of lifting more is not very primal and that being healthy should be more important than lifting more just for the sake of lifting more! But that's just my personal view since I can still admire a well performed lift;

Just makes me envision hemorrhoids like a bunch of grapes hanging out his ass !

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Just makes me envision hemorrhoids like a bunch of grapes hanging out his ass !
    Whooops, careful OldSchool, some of the power-lifter wannabes around here can get their tender feelings butt hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Whooops, careful OldSchool, some of the power-lifter wannabes around here can get their tender feelings butt hurt...
    Very common among those who squat !

TESTOSTERONE NATION | Hemorrhoids and Squatting? - Page 1

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast