Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I am not hungry in the morning, should I eat or is this marketing BS? page

alanwil2 is offline Member

If I am not hungry in the morning, should I eat or is this marketing BS?

Primal Fuel
    Many times I am not hungry in the morning and I don't really want to force myself to eat.

Black Timber is offline Senior Member
    If you are not hungry then don't eat unless you are trying to gain weight. I feel better and more energetic all day if I wait to eat till around 11 am when I am starting to get very hungry.
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Are you needing to pack on some weight? If so, go for it. If not, why force feed if you aren't hungry?

Sent via F-22 Raptor

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Force feeding yourself due to culturally prescribed meal times is how you get fat. Listen to your belly, if you are hungry then eat. If you aren't then don't.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    I haven't had AM calories in a couple years, it would feel strange now.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

skotcharu is offline Senior Member
    Eat when hungry. Stop when full.

If you're eating whole foods you can eat till your heart's content. Or not.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    I do eat in the morning, most of the time because I'm hungry but mainly because I need to have something in my stomach for my meds.
    It's annoying because I could go the whole morning without food if I didn't needed to eat breakfast. When I have breakfast I'm hungry the whole day...I keep eating even when everything I eat is primal.
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

posechahua is offline Junior Member
    I feel better and more energetic all day if I wait to eat till around 11 am when I am starting to get very hungry.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Marielle, what you are describing is quite common. I can give you a trick:
    prepare yourself a big plate of shirataki noodles. It has virtually 0 cal, and will fill you up! And the bonus of the konjac root is that it is a very good prebiotic.

To prepare them, rinse the noodles carefully under lukewarm water, squeeze out the water when done (the weirdo smell is the water that comes with them in the package). Then dry-fry them for like 10mn on a hot pan. You can add a little fat if you want but it is not necessary. The noodles won't stick. Then add some herbs and salt. They're a little more chewy than regular noodles but really, you may find them a good breakfast substitute.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Generally I eat when hungry, but sometimes if I know I am going to be out and about with no access to food all day I eat a huge breakfast that will keep me full all day.. when I was travelling in the Far East a couple of years ago, I was out all day, the hotel to my surprise had an amazing buffet that included a lot of fatty Malay curries and japanese style breakfast (seaweed soups / fish and the like) the Malay curry was sooooo fatty and a lot of coconut oil in it, the Japanese like soup (onse you prepare yourseld as they give you ingredients and you add the hot stock to it) so I had a huge breakfast and didn't feel hungry the rest of the day... my eating times / habits shifted during that time, and was really happy with it..

When I go off plan and want to come back to clean eating, I do force myself to eat a good breakfast (burgers or steak), if I am full with fatty meat, then I know I would be too full to stray or crave bad food. But once am back on track, I end up eating whenever am hungry.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 10-09-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast