Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Veins in Arms page 2

Bakonator is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    Mine are very prominent. I'm a nursing student's wet dream for drawing blood.
    Haha, that's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while. The other day I was at my friend's house whose sister is a nurse, and she looked at my arms and said, "If only they all were that easy." Feels good.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    My kids are totally grossed out by the huge veins in my arms and hands. Definitely more prominent in hot weather.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I want that bicep vein so bad

Darthash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    I want that bicep vein so bad
    I don't have them yet, but i hope i do as i get leaner. It's slow though

My trainer and I were just talking about this. A lot of it has to do with the potassium in your food (there is actually more in beef than in the old standard banana) and sodium. Keep your potassium levels high and sodium low and your vascularity will improve. A lot of it is genetics, though.

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    My sister in law is an emergency room nurse, and she is always eyeing the saphenous veins in my ankles. She tells me she would love to do a cut-down on me (old school procedure that is hardly ever done anymore). I consider it a compliment?

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisous View Post
    My sister in law is an emergency room nurse, and she is always eyeing the saphenous veins in my ankles. She tells me she would love to do a cut-down on me (old school procedure that is hardly ever done anymore). I consider it a compliment?
    though I'm guessing if you were -in- the emergency room, stress and possible shock would make your veins shut down. I normally have very visible veins on my hands, but when I went in for some tests, they dissipated, because I was nervous.

The phrase 'blue blood' originates because royalty didn't go outside doing manual work, so their skin was very pale and transparent, so you could see the blue veins under their skin.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    haha, im a nursing student. Makes my job easier!

My veins are very prominent in my arms, hands, wrist and even biceps.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Nova is offline Member
    Oh I can tell you a few fun things about veins. You'll have more veins based on bodyfat being low, of course. You will also have more or less vascularity based on your age, gender, genetics and race. Activity and diet will bring out or hide veins too. If you were not paleo, you can note the changes in veins 15 minutes after a meal of moderate to high carbs that is not slowed to much by fat or protein. If you have veins now...and you ever have carbs alone (not fructose) -- do some light exercise after the carbs to see the veins. those bad boys will prodrude like vanson hines pipes. The glucose metabolises quickly and is driven immediately through the veins - - and with some light exercise (like just pumping up) the muscle will demand the sugar from the gut- the vein as well as the muscle will expand. It's flash in the pan timing. The sugar disappears quickly and the veins along with it. When timed right, it's freakish and that's the bodybuilding strategy for the stage. they get a very narrow peak window with carbs and time it for the moment they are on stage. They walk off stage and that peak, if they timed it right, can fade. Many times it's timed wrong...and they look so much better after they get off stage. With a high fat diet meal, then exercise to force the metabolism, that is energy which drives through the veins and expands them. It takes longer than carbs. In general the leaner you are - the more veins you will see -- notably the veins in the arms are first....for men - that's about 10% BF and also when you see your entire ab panel - although it washy (all depends on genetics) Once you have prominent veins in your lower abs/groin followed by quads then hams (progression for most - not all - people) you're well under 10. When you have striated glutes and cheek bones and papery skin - you're about 2-3% (depending on age, and race). Rare for females to get that low.
    GROK STAR

Nova is offline Member
    be careful of keeping potassium high. I've never heard of that for veins. It's all about bf level, diet and work effort. you can doctor it here and there with tricks and supplements but they are natural methods -- using food or exercise. potassium is not one of them. Potassium as many rolls and it's necessary mineral in the proper amounts. In general we don't want to play with too much of it. Potassium can act as a diuretic - and what you are talking about is bringing water down - If water is brought down naturally - via food and exercise and proper hydration of the body and muscle...it'll help deplete the interstitial fluid between the muscle and skin and maybe you will see the veins better (depending on your bf% and other factors I mentioned in my previous post). however dehydration with potassium is ubiquitous; it doesn't distinguish between skin, muscle or organs. -- it'll deplete the hydration of the actual muscle - which is what makes a muscle large and firm. Your muscles will look flat and stringy. worse, potassium in improper quantities can also deplete water and contractablilty of the heart! -- and if not careful - or having more potassium daily than the body needs (over doses - intended or not), can cause a heart attack. We strive for natural bodies that are the result of hard work and clean diet. The temptation is great to push the envelope. But bodies will gravitate to lean and vascular as nature intended just by being paleo. In fact, this lifestyle, by default...is diuretic enough. If you tweak unnaturally like that - you are looking for problems.
    Last edited by Nova; 06-09-2010 at 09:06 AM.
    GROK STAR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast