Thread: Food Babe. page

kathleen is online now Senior Member

Food Babe.

Shop Now
    I recently discovered "Food Babe" and I must say, this woman is my hero. Since companies here in the USA don't think they have to label what they put in our food, I'm glad to see a public figure who is investigating this stuff and putting it on the internet for everyone to read. Having food allergies, it's a constant irritation for me to see things like "spices" and "natural flavors" on ingredients lists.

Anyway, check her out:
    Food Babe | Welcome to Food Babe!

She doesn't label herself as Primal or anything, but I think it's a great start to get the country excited about eating 'real food' for a change.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Kwaggz is offline Senior Member
    I appreciate what she's doing for food labeling and transparency and I receive her email updates, but omg does she come across as "holier than thou" SO often.

Salixisme is offline Member
    I have been following her for ages.... love her stance on "clean food", but she is not primal/paleo...
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss

kathleen is online now Senior Member
    Yeah...since I started following her on the 8th, she's gotten really on my nerves. She's all about non-GMO and non-processed foods, but then posts a recipe for Halloween cookies with candy-coated bright colored sunbutter morsels, and says "It's okay on a special occasion!" in a response to a user inquiring about the candy being processed food. And the all-natural poison-free makeup she promotes. She talks about how makeup isn't natural and is poisonous, yet she wears makeup. Made naturally from bat guano or artificially from tar, it's still unnatural to put that stuff on your body. So yeah I get what you're seeing about the attitude, but I think the bad attitude is part of what's getting people's attention about her crusade against GMOs. Sigh, it's a start.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.