Thread: Primal Journal—Darqawi page

darqawi is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal—Darqawi

Primal Fuel
    Greetings! I’ve been a lurker here for a while, but after moving homes and restarting my commitment to eat better, I thought it would be a good idea to start this journal.

I am 5.8, 175 pounds and 32. I am relatively healthy and have been following the Weston Price “diet,” if you will, for about two years now (minus a few chunks of time where I fell off the wagon due to stress and moving).

I have been physically active my whole live; although given to periods of inactivity due to work. I have had various periods of working out with the Cross Fit protocol, Kettlebells, and a round or two or Rippetoe’s Starting Strength. Right now, after almost nine months of inactivity and a five month old child (minus the pull up bar in my home-office and kettlebell), I started a remix of P90X.

With regard to goals, I am aiming for the following
    1. To eat primal, ensuring that at least 80 percent of my meat is organic and grass fed (fortunately, I am friends with an owner of a shop that supplies just that, fresh each week)
    2. To eliminate all grains except for the occasional bit of soaked brown rice
    3. To eliminate my recurring lower back pain (I am a copyeditor and sitting in my home-office daily
    4. To completely eradicate my eczema (which, although 99 percent gone in the summer time, usually comes back with ferocity during the winter—except when I strictly followed the Weston Price diet protocols and drank copious amounts of homemade bone broths.

So as for today:

Breakfast: Two organic free range eggs over easy, large organic coffee with heavy whipping cream, half tablespoon of organic honey.
    Lunch: Can of sardines with jalapeno pepper, two slices of grass fed roast beef, small handful of raisins and sunflower seeds.
    Dinner: Grass fed beef liver stir fry (half pound of liver with onion, garlic, bell pepper, and spinach fried in ghee and spices.
    After dinner: Green smoothie (kefir, coconut milk, and bee pollen with pineapple slice, half a banana, two strawberries, handful of baby spinach leaves, teaspoon of coconut oil, and a tea spoon of organic Canadian maple syrup—I know, I know.

Sleep: I have a five month old: what sleep? I usually get to bed at eleven and am repeatedly woken up by her crying, etc. This is something I definitely have to work on.
    Supplements: none, although I occasionally take bee pollen and cod liver oil.

darqawi is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A busy day with not enough time to properly prepare food:

Breakfast: Bowl of hummous with pine nuts (It is all that was available at the time), date bar with almonds, large coffee with heavy whipping cream and honey
    Lunch: Bowl of last night's dinner as leftovers
    Dinner: Two eggs cooked over easy with slice of grass fed roast beef

Conclusion: Not a good day; I was in and out of the house running errands and didn't plan things properly. Hopefully that will not be repeated tomorrow, as I have a huge pot of organic chicken broth slowly cooking since 8 PM and will use it tomorrow for some good eating!