Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naked and Afraid page

Iron Will is offline Senior Member

Naked and Afraid

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone else watched this show? The premise is pretty much contestant stripping down naked and walking out into the bush somewhere to see if you can survive for 3 weeks. It's two contestants that work together as a team that meet each other for the first time with out a stitch of clothing on but they're allowed to bring one item they can use for survival.

Last night the two contestants were ,I think, in a Louisiana swamp for 21 days trying to survive. On the last day they had to swim through alligator infested water to get to the helicopter pick up point.

HELL NO!!!!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i haven't watched it, but all i can think of when i hear about it are all the ticks in all their crotches

having my delicate areas bare in the wild does not sound like an exhilarating time
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    I watched almost all of the episodes. The one where they were in Costa Rica was worse. The producer had been bitten by a fer-de-lance snake prior to the shoot.

I enjoyed the show much more than I thought I would. The survival skills were cool, but I was fascinated by the dynamic that developed between the couples. In every case except one, I thought the men acted like macho whiny babies. The women had to coddle their egos to keep the guy's spirits up. The women were more mentally tough, but they couldn't do everything and the men required careful encouragement.

It was also interesting to see how their bodies changed as a result of the rapid weight loss.
    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifla View Post
    The survival skills were cool, but I was fascinated by the dynamic that developed between the couples. In every case except one, I thought the men acted like macho whiny babies. The women had to coddle their egos to keep the guy's spirits up. The women were more mentally tough, but they couldn't do everything and the men required careful encouragement.
    Lol, I don't know why this amuses me so much. Now I'm going to have to track this show down.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, me too. You had me at ticks in the crotch.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

I watched almost all of the episodes. The one where they were in Costa Rica was worse. The producer had been bitten by a fer-de-lance snake prior to the shoot.

I enjoyed the show much more than I thought I would. The survival skills were cool, but I was fascinated by the dynamic that developed between the couples. In every case except one, I thought the men acted like macho whiny babies. The women had to coddle their egos to keep the guy's spirits up. The women were more mentally tough, but they couldn't do everything and the men required careful encouragement.

It was also interesting to see how their bodies changed as a result of the rapid weight loss.
    I've watched that one too. It looked pretty brutal. That's the one that she got good poisoning from eating a turtle and he drank bad water right? And yes I have to admit he really was pretty whiny but did you see his sun burn!?!? Oh my god!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I was surprised how much I liked it. Thought it would be like a naked version of survivor, but really it's pretty intense. I haven't seen the one in the swamps yet, but I can't imagine I could do that one - I could NEVER sleep like that.

The part that always jumps out at me is how quickly lack of shoes becomes a huge issue. I would never have thought of feet as a big player, but I can imagine it now.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I was surprised how much I liked it. Thought it would be like a naked version of survivor, but really it's pretty intense. I haven't seen the one in the swamps yet, but I can't imagine I could do that one - I could NEVER sleep like that.

The part that always jumps out at me is how quickly lack of shoes becomes a huge issue. I would never have thought of feet as a big player, but I can imagine it now.
    That would be he first thing I would do. Fashion shoes somehow. Then at least you can move quickly when you need to.

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    The guy with the sunburn who drank bad water was with the amazing surfer chick who always had a cool hat or bag woven from palm fronds. They were on an island in the Maldives. He did have a lot to cope with, so I can't fault him too much. But they had all those coconuts they could drink from, and he wanted to dig for groundwater, and it made him sick.

The girl who got sick from eating the turtle was in Costa Rica. She had the most difficult partner. That guy was borderline psycho, and she tended to make him mad by commenting on the small size of his prey.
    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The guy with the sunburn who drank bad water was with the amazing surfer chick who always had a cool hat or bag woven from palm fronds. They were on an island in the Maldives. He did have a lot to cope with, so I can't fault him too much. But they had all those coconuts they could drink from, and he wanted to dig for groundwater, and it made him sick.

The girl who got sick from eating the turtle was in Costa Rica. She had the most difficult partner. That guy was borderline psycho, and she tended to make him mad by commenting on the small size of his prey.
    Everyone knows you're not supposed to comment if a man has small prey.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast