Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inflammatory Questions page

phoenixjen is offline Junior Member

Inflammatory Questions

Primal Fuel
    What actually causes systemic inflammation? Are there various causes?

My natural path believes I have this, and my symptoms seem to agree with her - dry hair and skin, constipation, joint pain that gets worse with my cycle, and the usually mild symptoms of my chronic condition have gotten worse.

The thing is, I've been tracking my diet online and my omega six omega-3 ratio is 1:1 before I even take fish oil. I've been Paleo since March, and I could understand having this problem before changing my diet, but why would it be getting worse now?

Are there other factors to consider?

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Do you have an autoimmune disorder? There may be more dietary factors to take into consideration, like elimination nightshades, eggs, or nuts. There are other foods too, but you may need to undertake an elimination diet to find out what ones are problematic.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    When I saw the thread title ("Inflammatory Questions") I thought this was going to be another Peat thread

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    When I saw the thread title ("Inflammatory Questions") I thought this was going to be another Peat thread
    I guessed Obamacare.

Zach is offline Banned
    How muh total PUFA do you get in a day?

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Have you had a complete blood panel, including thyroid and sex hormones?
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

I have a very mild form of interstitial cystitis. It's sort of like irritable syndrome, but for the bladder. Certain foods trigger a reaction, everyone's a little different with what triggers them. It's not progressive and I've had it for 20 years. Normally caffeine is my only trigger, but now other foods are starting to bother me. I guess it's probably an autoimmune thing. Some people lose symptoms when they're sick, or pregnant. My symptoms disappeared when I was pregnant.

I'm currently doing an elimination diet, as mentioned, but since none of these foods bothered me before becoming primal/paleo, I don't understand why they would now.

I haven't had any blood work done yet.

I don't know my total PUFA amount, but I cook with coconut oil and avocado oil. I use olive oil for salads etc. I don't consume vegetable oils at all unless at a restaurant, which happens maybe once every three months. I occasionally have nuts, seeds and nut butter, but it's no more than 1/2C at a time, maybe a few times a week at most. I bake with almond flour occasionally, but again it's not a daily consumption. I often adjust the levels with arrowroot, so I'm not so reliant on it.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixjen View Post
    Are there other factors to consider?
    Leaky gut and too much stress are two that spring to mind.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Zach is offline Banned
    Leaky gut, bacterial overgrowth, excessive pufa, iron, muscle meat, fiber consumption, allergies to certain foods, suppressed thyroid. To name a few.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmmm could be on to something with the too much stress. I don't know what a suppressed thyroid would look like, what other symptoms or causes of that might be etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast