Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many calories Daily?? page 3

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    I did not realize you weigh 300 pounds right now. We have completely different goals, so I can understand why you hate carbs so much. I don't get my carbs from grain based sources, but I consider them absolutely required for being able to perform adequately in sports and intense fitness.
    Sports and distance running are passions of mine, so I keep vegetables, fruit, chocolate, and nuts in my life. I also do it because I enjoy them. I believe grain is poison, hands down, for everyone. If you have certain goals, you might view all carbohydrates, regardless of their source, as poison. There is nothing wrong with this, and the PB is a great context for this. But eating them is not poison for everyone, and this forum is based on the PB, which involves carbohydrates. Whether you eat carbs or not, lets all play nice in the sandbox, shall we?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Calories-in calories-out is nonsense. Stop worrying about total calories. It's about the percentage of calories you take in from carbs/fat/protein in a nearly 0%/70-80%/20-25% ratio.
    If only it were that easy but I hate to tell you that for some of us, calories DO matter.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    Sports and distance running are passions of mine, so I keep vegetables, fruit, chocolate, and nuts in my life. I also do it because I enjoy them. I believe grain is poison, hands down, for everyone. If you have certain goals, you might view all carbohydrates, regardless of their source, as poison. There is nothing wrong with this, and the PB is a great context for this. But eating them is not poison for everyone, and this forum is based on the PB, which involves carbohydrates. Whether you eat carbs or not, lets all play nice in the sandbox, shall we?
    Uh... are you asking me to play nice in the sandbox? I was not aware that I wasn't.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    I did not realize you weigh 300 pounds right now. We have completely different goals, so I can understand why you hate carbs so much. I don't get my carbs from grain based sources, but I consider them absolutely required for being able to perform adequately in sports and intense fitness.
    If you're talking about non-starchy carbs, fine. But starchy carbs, whether they're cane sugar, honey, fruit or potatoes, are a fantastic path to killing your pancreas.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Im about 150lbs...and I put in anywhere between 1800-2500 and I seem to still be losing...But I dont count calories at all (I just know them from playing around with fitday.com)
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Quote Originally Posted by elorajade View Post
    Griff, you don't eat veggies then? Are you supplementing to get your vitamins?

I can't imagine not eating veggies, but with 80lbs that I need to loose and I've never been able to budge off more than about 10lbs (unless, I was pregnant then I lost weight like water??!!!!) I'm getting rather desperate.

I've been eating strictly for the last 2 weeks (and on and off the wagon since November) and keeping carbs at 10-15% or so. I'd really love any input you may have, I also have a journal if you wouldn't mind taking a look to see where I'm going wrong. I just cannot exercise right now, as I have NO energy. I've been doing a bit here and there, just movement related. Calorie burn is typically 2200-2900 per day depending on the day.
    I take a multivitamin, a B complex, magnesium, potassium, CoQ10 and chromium picolinate, and a teaspoon of cod-liver oil every night before bed (I find that helps with the stomach upset that multis can sometimes give you). I eat salads made largely of leafy greens and a smattering of tomato, some celery, and the occasional few carrot sticks (with my buffalo wings), and maybe half an onion in a curry, for veggies. Mostly what I eat is fatty meats and the occasional piece of hard cheese or handful of nuts. I might have a half cup of frozen strawberries once a week or so. But apart from what I mentioned above, I don't eat vegetables (or fruits) because they're just too many carbs. I try to stay below 50 total or 20 net carbs per day because otherwise my blood sugar goes crazy and I feel crappy.

On the flip side, my sugars are happy and my lipids are normal according to all the doctors' tests, so I'm fine with that. I don't miss vegetables or their gassy side effects at all.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheGlowsPale View Post
    Im about 150lbs...and I put in anywhere between 1800-2500 and I seem to still be losing...But I dont count calories at all (I just know them from playing around with fitday.com)
    That's my favorite part about the PB diet. I eat quite a bit of food, but I rarely count calories. The only time I count calories is if I am trying to get the fat/protein/carb ratios of a recipe or something through fitday or livestrong.

However, when I do this, generally i'll see that my day has been around 2600 calories naturally without me having to do any watching or counting.

JamieBelle is offline Member
    Math was never my forte.

I weigh 100 lbs. My fat percent is 18. So I have 82 lbs of lean mass. 82x.8=65.6

This makes no sense at all, therefore it must be bull.

Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    *shrug* Even those who think they can eat carbs and not feel the side effects will eventually feel the side effects. Why tempt fate?

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Uh... are you asking me to play nice in the sandbox? I was not aware that I wasn't.
    Carbs are a sensitive subject here, and everyone seems to think that they know whats best for everyone else, but the truth is different bodies=different things. You said Grif's approach was "crazy". He then insinuated that you were slowly killing yourself. Neither comments were well thought out or productive. Hence, sandbox.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast