Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat and Crazieness? page 41

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    Well "ideal" is after each meal

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Did the Peat hype machine already crash under the weight of its own nonsense? Or is this still the cool thing to do?

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Some of the principals he has, has really helped me further my athletic ability. I've also dropped some more body-fat without trying, along with not getting bloody noses so easily (gelatin) seeing as I get punched in the face a couple times weekly.

God
    God is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Did the Peat hype machine already crash under the weight of its own nonsense? Or is this still the cool thing to do?
    Nice necro-bump.

Lol @ all the people in this thread who think sugar is bad for them. I remember when I was like that.

Get with the times people! Sugar is good for you. It has anti-stress properties.

People seem to think it's some kind of evil poison. Jesus, it's just glucose+fructose. Those are energies your body uses, you realize? Those are in fruit, you realize? The way people talk about sugar you'd think they were talking about arsenic or something.

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Still eating peat... 1 year and counting. Tons of people are actually switching to high carb now, be it peat, PHD, or whatever else. Tons more people are PM'ing me to see how they could add more carbs into their diet. Wow, maybe LOW CARBING was a fad and eating carbs at least moderately (like we've done before and after the paleolithic period) is just normal?

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Still eating peat... 1 year and counting. Tons of people are actually switching to high carb now, be it peat, PHD, or whatever else. Tons more people are PM'ing me to see how they could add more carbs into their diet. Wow, maybe LOW CARBING was a fad and eating carbs at least moderately (like we've done before and after the paleolithic period) is just normal?
    PHD is not high carb. It is pretty moderate. For maintenance, fats are ~ 50% of cals, carbs are 30-35%. PHD is about trying to reach the highest nutrient density for a moderate amount of calories, AND have the foods taste as good as possible

TQP
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    PHD is not high carb. It is pretty moderate. For maintenance, fats are ~ 50% of cals, carbs are 30-35%. PHD is about trying to reach the highest nutrient density for a moderate amount of calories, AND have the foods taste as good as possible
    It's not HIGH carb I guess, but still usually higher carb than what most people end up doing on primal (even though Mark suggests 100-150g carbs for maintenance, very few people actually eat above 80g carbs on primal).

Nillos is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    30-35% is still more than the 50-100g (~10-20%) that people here tend to follow.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Low carb is no fad, it's just never been accepted by agribusinesses who want everyone to fill up on expensive produce laced with more and more pesticides. It works for a lot of people and has been written about time and time again over the years with most of the populace picking up their pitchforks to decry its evils. And the govt is no help with its BS recommendations for everyone to eat like livestock.

It works for a lot of people. And, since low-carb is a relative term with no clear definition, it's a silly thing to constantly argue about.

It would be tough to get fat as a fruitarian, for example, because you'd probably spend half your life in the bathroom. That doesn't make it balanced or healthy. It would also be tough to get fat just eating meat.

When Laz was still posting, he once divided up the population into men, women, and post-menopausal women. No one "perfect" way of eating is right for all of them.

Probably the only truism that holds for everyone is to eat as cleanly as possible and avoid poisons. If people would learn to cook again, and put food as a priority instead of shopping for cheap and convenient, most nutrition boards and gurus would be out of a job.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

TQP
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lol. "spend half your life in a bathroom." Apparently going more than every 3 days is actually an unhealthy thing around here.

Keep the lies alive, guys.

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast