Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat and Crazieness? page 39

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Our digestive systems share far more in common with carnivores than herbivores.
    No, not really. All species of carnivore show essentially the same pattern of gut anatomy; a simple stomach and a short total gastrointestinal tract, which means transit is very short. For example, average transit time in the mink, a pure carnivore, is 2.4 hours. For humans it's about ~26 hours, the average food particle is still in passage through the gastrointestinal tract and will remain there for at least an additional 1535 hours before it is excreted. Obligate carnivores, show a range of specific metabolic adaptations, including an unusually high requirement for protein for maintenance and growth, an unusual pattern of gluconeogenesis, and an inability to synthesize vitamin A and niacin from dietary precursors.

We're not at all like that, showing that we are indeed adaptive and scavengeresque(omnivores) in nature, but developing tools and communication for hunting was indeed one of the steps toward our evolution. It applied to food crafting of plant matter too, though. Human nutritional requirements such as the need for a dietary source of vitamin C, and the modern human pattern of digestive kinetics (which is similar to that of great apes) suggest an ancestral past in which tropical plant foods formed a large part of the daily diet, with opportunistic intake of animal meat.
    nihil

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    there are hypothesis that the need for tracking animals is what lead to humans' developing the reasoning needed to develop science. Tracking is said to be the original CSI

CyberTracker GPS Field Data Collection System - Videos
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Veganism is unhealthy 100% of the time.

Even if you somehow manage to be reasonably healthy and fit as a vegan through meticulous diet care, you will never be nearly as strong, fit and healthy as you can be eating an omnivorous diet. It is always a less-healthy alternative.

I find the very concept of veganism insulting to human nature. Every single vegan is an insult to the human race because in order to be a vegan, you have to fundamentally think being human is wrong. Every vegan hates every omnivore by nature, and I won't support anyone who buys into a lifestyle where it is wrong to be human. I can't help I'm a human being.
    +1

I certainly don't eat meat 3x a day, but there was a time when I did. I don't find myself craving it and may only eat meat once a day. That being said, I don't believe a vegan can be healthy at all without hardcore supplementing. And btw Zach, B12 in non-meat sources isn't absorbed at all. Sorry dude, but I have to disagree with you about veganism.

Our teeth, stomach and intestines are right smack in the middle of carnivore and herbivore in construction. We do not have the ability to break down cellulose the way ruminants do in order to fully digest greens. We cannot get at the protein in fruits and vegetables.

We are made for balance. But folks like extremism in one form or another, it seems.
    Last edited by patski; 10-13-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

I don't think 3lbs of meat every day is optimal at all, especially with the bulk being muscle meat. I eat a bit of meat in some form usually daily, but I think excessive meat consumption is extremist, and "closer to carnivores" is so far from the truth that it's pretty much fantasy.
    nihil

patski is offline Senior Member
    Can't we only absorb so much protein in one sitting? It's less than 30 grams isn't it?

I don't think eating 3lbs of meat in a day is ideal. Some liver and seafood to balance out muscle meat is probably best. But hey, we may all be wrong. The older I get, the less I'm certain of. I'm okay with that.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    No, not really. All species of carnivore show essentially the same pattern of gut anatomy; a simple stomach and a short total gastrointestinal tract, which means transit is very short. For example, average transit time in the mink, a pure carnivore, is 2.4 hours. For humans it's about ~26 hours, the average food particle is still in passage through the gastrointestinal tract and will remain there for at least an additional 15–35 hours before it is excreted. Obligate carnivores, show a range of specific metabolic adaptations, including an unusually high requirement for protein for maintenance and growth, an unusual pattern of gluconeogenesis, and an inability to synthesize vitamin A and niacin from dietary precursors.

We're not at all like that, showing that we are indeed adaptive and scavengeresque(omnivores) in nature, but developing tools and communication for hunting was indeed one of the steps toward our evolution. It applied to food crafting of plant matter too, though. Human nutritional requirements such as the need for a dietary source of vitamin C, and the modern human pattern of digestive kinetics (which is similar to that of great apes) suggest an ancestral past in which tropical plant foods formed a large part of the daily diet, with opportunistic intake of animal meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Can't we only absorb so much protein in one sitting? It's less than 30 grams isn't it?

I don't think eating 3lbs of meat in a day is ideal. Some liver and seafood to balance out muscle meat is probably best. But hey, we may all be wrong. The older I get, the less I'm certain of. I'm okay with that.
    Pretty much that explains it. Animal products for the nutrients, because we absorb them much better, and plant matter for energy seems to coincide with how our ancestors ate. I eat some muscle meat daily(lamb, beef) but I eat way more gelatin.

I never feel right with too much meat.
    nihil

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Low Carb Sample Menu | Mark's Daily Apple

Can someone show me where the Primal Blueprint as written recommends three pounds of meat per day?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Low Carb Sample Menu | Mark's Daily Apple

Can someone show me where the Primal Blueprint as written recommends three pounds of meat per day?
    Wasn't talking about Primal Blueprint, don't think I mentioned it at all actually. I was referring to people who consider humans carnivores, so, the carnivore diet.

Stahp please.
    nihil

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    No.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pat, b12 injections get absorbed just fine.

I keep sayin this but ill say it again, i dont think a vegan diet is optimal but to believe that people cant be healthy and vegan is just plain ignorant.

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast