Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 401

Thread: Ray Peat and Crazieness? page 36

  1. #351
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Tell me where these vegans are getting their protein if they're not eating nuts and seeds... Or can we synthesize our own protein?
    Come on, brosiph. You know there is no thing as a protein deficiency if adequet calories are taken in. There is protein in all foods, leafy veg, grains, tubers, legumes all have a decent amount of protein. Hell, 3k calories of fruit will get you 50-70g protein. Our bodies also recycle a good amount and of course we do synthesize non essential proteins. If you look at any health organization, their protein requirements are substantially lower then internet broscience.

    Plant only diets easily give enough protein for life, it wont be optimal for muscle building but thats just a lifestyle choice.

  2. #352
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Come on, brosiph. You know there is no thing as a protein deficiency if adequet calories are taken in. There is protein in all foods, leafy veg, grains, tubers, legumes all have a decent amount of protein. Hell, 3k calories of fruit will get you 50-70g protein. Our bodies also recycle a good amount and of course we do synthesize non essential proteins. If you look at any health organization, their protein requirements are substantially lower then internet broscience.

    Plant only diets easily give enough protein for life, it wont be optimal for muscle building but thats just a lifestyle choice.
    So your argument is that because veganism can keep one from dying of straight up starvation that it's healthier than eating a diet based on eggs and grass-fed ruminant flesh and milk?

  3. #353
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    So your argument is that because veganism can keep one from dying of straight up starvation that it's healthier than eating a diet based on eggs and grass-fed ruminant flesh and milk?
    Thats not what im saying at all. Your the one thinking that you need protein from animal sources or you will die or something. I simply replied to your post. And btw, people are thriving on plant based diets, i know you dont wanna hear it, but there are.

  4. #354
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Thats not what im saying at all. Your the one thinking that you need protein from animal sources or you will die or something. I simply replied to your post. And btw, people are thriving on plant based diets, i know you dont wanna hear it, but there are.
    Holy strawman. Of course people can thrive on plant-based diets. Veganism isn't a plant-based diet, it's an animal-excludingdiet.

    And yeah, you need protein from animal sources for optimal health. You absolutely do. It's sub-optimal to survive without animal-sourced proteins.

    You know people thrive on animal based diets too. Ever heard of the Maasai?

  5. #355
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Holy strawman. Of course people can thrive on plant-based diets. Veganism isn't a plant-based diet, it's an animal-excludingdiet.

    And yeah, you need protein from animal sources for optimal health. You absolutely do. It's sub-optimal to survive without animal-sourced proteins.

    You know people thrive on animal based diets too. Ever heard of the Maasai?
    Haha, ok dude. I disagree but its not worth arguing about.

  6. #356
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Haha, ok dude. I disagree but its not worth arguing about.
    If it's not worth arguing about, why is this forum here?!

  7. #357
    fiercehunter's Avatar
    fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the world
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
    I have been on this website and have been doing Primal since June and have been very health conscious and low carb for many, many years before that. I had never even heard of Ray Peat before coming here. I read some recent posts about Ray Peat and was quite shocked by some of the advice. I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone's belief systems, I really don't, but I have to ask some questions. Why exactly is white sugar and orange juice supposed to be good for you? And why are salmon and avocados bad? I have read thousands and thousands of reputable health books and websites over the years and have never heard of such things. Please enlighten me. Thanks.
    Peat says polyunsaturated fats, not grains or sugar, are the main cause of modern health problems. If you can't or don't want to read his articles, you can read websites like Danny Roddy; he has written a book called The Peat Whisperer.

    This blog post might help you also:
    The Peat-atarian Diet For Those Of Us With Average IQs

  8. #358
    70in2012's Avatar
    70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by chocotaco369 View Post
    i did. Both mentally and physically. It is akin to suicidal. To be vegan, you have to hate yourself, and that is not healthy.
    b.s.
    Few but ripe.

  9. #359
    KestrelSF's Avatar
    KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Look guys, im not disagreeing with most of this. I guess maybe im just more spiritually advanced, all that animal meat might be bogging down your chakras.

    I'm just trying to imagine a hypothetic situation where Zach might encounter, say, an aboriginal bushman or a commanche or some other member of a tribal society and tell them that he's "more spiritual" than them because their chakras are all clogged up from all that meat they eat!

    The irony here, way beyond the sheer hubris of this statement, is that the people's I'd consider the most in touch with nature and the most "spiritual" none are trying to subsist on a plant only diet. Hunting of one sort or another is an integral part of all of the societies we've ever encountered that live close to nature. The whole veganism thing is a wholly modern thing. You simply would die if you tried to live off the land that way. I've known folks who have tried. And it takes a lot of modern processed food: soy, pea protein, fruit shipped in from all over the world, etc. just to make this way of eating even marginally viable to live. Again, try living off the land eating no animals. I dare you. Try it and tell us how it goes.

    You have a belief system that meat "clogs chakras". Hardly scientific, but hey it's your belief system. Other people have belief systems that honor the animals they eat. Who is to say that you are more "spiritually advanced" for your belief system? Having grown up gay in the south and having to endure fundamentalists, I'm always leery of folks claiming spiritual superiority or that their way is the only way. It's actually pretty frightening how much veganism looks and feels like that fundamentalism I encountered growing up.

    There was a great video I watched in College where the BBC visit this ridiculously remote tribe in South America. The tribe elders did a whole role reversal on the BBC crew. They called their people "elder brother" and the folks out in the "civilized" world "younger brother". They were telling the BBC folks to get the word out to younger brother out in the rest of the world that they needed to stop doing all the foolish things they were doing before it was too late. The BBC folks went from being bemused to kinda blown away at how they were probably actually right.

    So before you start assuming that you are the more enlightened one here, maybe you should take a listen to folks like Savory and Salatin. There's a whole perspective that's goes way beyond "don't eat something with a face" which I find a lot more spiritually advanced.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

  10. #360
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    It was a joke.

    But im definitely more enlightened then you.

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •