Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Peat and Crazieness? page 28

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Just a question, not sure if this has been asked before. Is there a Ray Peat website and forum where these folks can go and get the support they want and need, from folks more their speed? I just don't understand why people who clearly don't follow Mark Sisson and the principles set forward by him would come to this forum and create threads about following someone else's diet and lifestyle principles. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Yes. But they come here to save our low-carb souls so we can go to candy heaven when we die.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Just a question, not sure if this has been asked before. Is there a Ray Peat website and forum where these folks can go and get the support they want and need, from folks more their speed? I just don't understand why people who clearly don't follow Mark Sisson and the principles set forward by him would come to this forum and create threads about following someone else's diet and lifestyle principles. Doesn't make sense to me.
    It's been asked and answered a lot. I came to this forum after 2 years of paleoing pretty consistently, gaining weight, losing my ability to sleep, losing my sex drive, losing my energy. I thought that maybe loosening the reins with marks approach- which allows for dairy, wine, chocolate, honey would help me. I had shunned fruit and starches needlessly to fit a paleo template that just didn't work for my activity level and I felt like crap. There are many paleo variations being discussed and practiced on this forum- Perfect health, Shangri La Diet, Bulletproof, GAPS, SCD, Peat. I identified with the Peat approach because it most closely resembled the types of foods I naturally gravitated to before I started following a bunch of other people's diet plans. Now I am happy and healthy enough that I don't feel the need to follow a specific protocol and I trust my own real food choices. Do I have to leave this forum that I enjoy, that I contribute to and draw from just because I am not following Primal Blueprint exactly as it was written? I don't think so. Nor should anyone else. Peat is one of many off-shoots of a loosely defined lifestyle. I don't understand the threat or annoyance people feel at the Peat presence here, especially when I've never seen the same backlash against any of the other offshoots.

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Just a question, not sure if this has been asked before. Is there a Ray Peat website and forum where these folks can go and get the support they want and need, from folks more their speed?
    He has his own site, but I believe most, if not all of the forums, are from fans.

I just don't understand why people who clearly don't follow Mark Sisson and the principles set forward by him would come to this forum and create threads about following someone else's diet and lifestyle principles. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Many of them were Primal followers who had it fail for them. However, they had already made friends and the like, and largely decided not to leave them behind. There is a lot of common ground between Peat and Sisson. Mark recently wrote a post about it as well.

Just about everything in the Primal approved list is also in the Peat list. The only difference really is the ratios they're being consumed in. Primal has a bit more fat and Peat generally limits fat to avoid PUFA. Peat has a bit more carbs because we find the carbohydrate curve has no basis in reality.

marc is offline Member
    If your gonna make a statement,back it up with credible science and fair testing.
    Cannae easy fairer then that...

<Insert poorly researched and understood Carb joke here>

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoric View Post
    He has his own site, but I believe most, if not all of the forums, are from fans.
    http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/portal.php

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    As I said, I believe the lot of them to be fan sites. Outside of being the topic, I do not believe Ray Peat participates, or even hosts the site.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stjimmy12 View Post
    What about all those tests done which concluded that fructose caused high blood pressure, insulin resistance, fatty liver etc..? Can someone shed some light on this?
    Those studies were done in lab settings where rodents were fed pure fructose. It's impossible for humans to consume pure fructose in any way, shape or form.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Those studies were done in lab settings where rodents were fed pure fructose. It's impossible for humans to consume pure fructose in any way, shape or form.
    Agave nectar comes pretty damn close.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stjimmy12 View Post
    What about all those tests done which concluded that fructose caused high blood pressure, insulin resistance, fatty liver etc..? Can someone shed some light on this?
    Fructose in the context of high PUFA is toxic
    nihil

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Agave nectar comes pretty damn close.
    Tastes fantastic too
    nihil

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast