Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mmm soylent green page 3

Beefsister is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by helen in oz View Post
    see - doomed. The human race really is determined to wipe itself out. Ffs. These are the same people who don't trust science to safely vaccinate their children against rampant disease, who'd rather have someone wave their hands about in 'energy healing' rather than trust a drug that's been tested and actually works, who will rage against stem cell research and would rather keep burning coal than trust humans to run a nuclear plant - but they are willing to subsist on a pseudo-food entirely created in a laboratory.

I. Just. Just. Argh >implode<
    Oh no.

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DROWN IN AN OCEAN OF FAKE MEAT AND COW SHIT GARBLEGABRKSDSD.
    Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

I'm pretty sure mcdonald's already accomplished this with their mcnuggets, cuz there is no way IN HELL they're real chicken

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
    With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
    Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
    MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Back in the day, I cleaned cases of chickens in my old man's butcher shop. I never found any chicken nuggets.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebelumsdayoff View Post
    This is what gets me every time. If eating animals is unethical and immoral, then why are the vegetarians trying so hard to make processed soy products that look and [supposedly] taste like MEAT. Wouldn't one think that the person disgusted with the idea of consuming animal products would want to abscond from anything that is supposed to resemble animal products.

What's next, animal free bacon fat? tofu eggs?

I still can't believe that people don't put the two and two together: if soy is supposed to be good for you and aid in a healthy and lean lifestyle, why is it fed to animals to fatten them up prior to slaughter?

ha they already have tofu scramble and "fakon" (fake bacon)

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    ha they already have tofu scramble and "fakon" (fake bacon)
    The Mayans are right then, the world will indeed end in 2012 after the vegans convince the general public that animal protein makes them sterile.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by primalpanda View Post
    The methane thing isn't bullshit, grain-fed cows in close proximity produce massive (and unnatural) amounts of methane, FAR more than cows raised on grass in traditional ways. And massive pig farms really do produce giant lagoons of excrement that seep into the ground water and make neighboring communities sick.
    yes, but in what porportion to other sources of greenhouse gasses are cow farts contributing? My understanding is that there are far, far more damaging, and more numerous emissions coming from other man made sources. Although it's been a while since I checked, so I could be wrong about that. The real danger from methane, as far as I am aware isn't from cow shit, but from the gasses that are trapped under the artic regions of the planet, at a certain point, the globe will warm to the point that the permafrost will thaw, and so much more methane will be released that it will dwarf all other green house gasses combined. Supposedly.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by primalpanda View Post
    As proponents of grass-fed, naturally-raised meat, why the testy responses? You'd think that one thing vegetarians and PBers alike would agree on is that the industrial food system is unhealthy for humans, animals, and the environment.
    why the testy response?

they're ideological fanatics, logic doesn't enter into it.

never trust a hippie.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    They'll probably use this as a marketing ploy to see real chicken breasts to the vegans and twelve times the markup. Shee don't tell nobody. Beef and pork are right around the corner. Vegans might pay a couple hundred for a fake steak.

batty is offline Senior Member
    For several years, Fu-Hung Hsieh — a biological-engineering professor who, at his previous job at Quaker, figured out how to use glycerin to soften the raisins in the company's granola — had wondered how to solve the fake-chicken problem. The answer was certainly going to be a combination of soy, wheat gluten, oil and water — the building blocks of most fake meats, including Tofurky. But in what combination? And how would you get it to transform from a congealed goo into a believable simulacrum of chicken? Hsieh, a slight man who was born in Taiwan and educated at Syracuse, worked on the problem in a concrete-floored lab with an unlikely partner, Harold Huff, a tall and gruff native Missourian who runs the mechanical parts of Hsieh's lab.
    my, how appetizing.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    The desire to eat meat has posed an ethical question ever since humans achieved reliable crop production: Do we really need to kill animals to live?
    It's getting to the point now where I'm posing to myself this ethical question: "Do we need to start killing these vegan whackjobs in order to survive?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast