Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Care reports coming in - HORROR STORIES page 9

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow. Someone simplistically explained to me that Obama care was going to be like Medicare in Australia.
    From what everyone is writing it's not similar is any way.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Here's another Mencken quote: "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

The "clear, simple, wrong" answer for Randtards is "the market". If we do away with popular democratic checks on corporations, do you think they will poison the air and water less or pay higher wages or make products safer? Grow up.
    State and corporate are the merged now. Do you honestly think they're not poisoning the air and water now? Do you honestly believe the government isn't actively protecting these corporations to turn a profit with a complete lack of care about the environment? Look around you, jesus christ.

You do know about the inherent flaw of government, don't you? What you statists claim is the problem with anarchy, libertarianism, et al. Man's unquenchable thirst for power? We're witnessing it now, this country turned from one of the few free countries of the world at the time (the 1800s no central bank, etc.) into what it is now. You don't think that was the result of letting the government become too big? It wasn't us, the people, actively letting the government become too big -- it was the government overreaching in every aspect to gain power, and then becoming what we have now. Do you think we had any of these problems you're alluding to?

I'd like to see your reasoning behind why you believe society can't function properly because man is inherently selfish, if you have one. Grow up, lol, ok.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Medicare is 7% (3.5% individual 3.5% employer) IRRC. Why do we need an additional tax? That is my wife's question. She is an Israeli and all for gov't healthcare. She just does not understand why the same 7% they pay in Israel for birth - death healthcare is not enough here. Sure, there is a population size difference but is there a big enough difference to require an additional tax to the 7% I already pay and have yet to utilize?
    That 7% is all predicated on paying the current bill....what I am talking about is a sure-fire way to REDUCE the bill, and to remove profit from the equation. For me, nothing that keeps either of those in has a chance.

If all of those changes were instituted, it would essentially a "state-run Medicare for all" plan, with elected officials presiding over it. It would of course require a lot of rules against lobbying, term limits, etc, but it would work.

I cannot imagine that with all of those drivers on cost, the out of pocket would be higher. I am suggesting a SINGLE tax on all healthcare, to replace the death of a thousand cuts we have now. Overall it would end up much, much less.
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

Rojo is online now Senior Member
    Medicare is 7% (3.5% individual 3.5% employer) IRRC. Why do we need an additional tax? That is my wife's question. She is an Israeli and all for gov't healthcare. She just does not understand why the same 7% they pay in Israel for birth - death healthcare is not enough here. Sure, there is a population size difference but is there a big enough difference to require an additional tax to the 7% I already pay and have yet to utilize?
    It probably should be enough, but we are cost structure are sky-high for reasons that Lazarus stated so completely.

Hannakb is online now Senior Member
    In Australia it's 1.5% and you can get exemptions (if you have private health care) and subsidies (if your low income). And out population is a lot smaller then America

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    I am suggesting a SINGLE tax on all healthcare, to replace the death of a thousand cuts we have now. Overall it would end up much, much less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    It probably should be enough, but we are cost structure are sky-high for reasons that Lazarus stated so completely.

Thanks to you both. A tax to replace those currently in place I might favor. I just do not see it happening. I see the current taxes + additional taxes for the government to buy votes with. I mean, care for the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannakb View Post
    In Australia it's 1.5% and you can get exemptions (if you have private health care) and subsidies (if your low income). And out population is a lot smaller then America

Note to self...move to Australia. Healthcare and interesting reptiles, count me in.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    State and corporate are the merged now. Do you honestly think they're not poisoning the air and water now?
    Of course they are. That's because government is often captured by the industries it's supposed to regulate. So the solution is to get rid of the government altogether?

Another reason it might be high is that it's only for the elderly. The taxpayer saves private insurers a lot by taking on the most expensive market segment.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    See it HAPPENING!?!?!?!

ahahahahahahahaha........

Have you ever been playing Monopoly, and the person with ALL of the hotels, bankrupting everyone, just decides they are going to change the rules and start giving away their money, their assets?

No. Me neither.

"Hey, I just spent the past 50 years setting up this perfect system. See, everyone needs it, and everyone accepts it has to cost a little bit....so, let's get in that business. We will brand ourselves with things like 'free market', 'HMO', and 'healthcare network'. We will slowly infiltrate the government, and actually convince people that we are necessary. No, we have no medical training, but make it so they NEED us....imagine buddy.... one day we will WRITE A LAW that forces people to give us money."

Give that all up? No chance. If power has proven anything, its that no one gives it to you. You have to take it.
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    See it HAPPENING!?!?!?!

ahahahahahahahaha........If power has proven anything, its that no one gives it to you. You have to take it.
    So we agree. It wont happen. As for taking it back, some crazy f*ck already shot our Rep in the head and that direct approach didn't change much. Given my electoral choices are shit sandwich and shit sandwich with cheese, how do you suggest said taking back happens? (In my lifetime that is).
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast