Page 6 of 109 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Care reports coming in - HORROR STORIES page 6

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by loafingcactus View Post
    Ocean, one of the comments in the original post was about a $4,000+ fine. If a person makes $400,000+ and is dumb enough not to have health insurance the fine indeed would be somewhere around $4,000.
    You have to be kidding me
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

DennyB is online now Senior Member
    Im on medicare, needless to say I dont use doctors unless its an emergency. I warned my friends/family about government run health care. IMO the ones who pushed for it are getting what they deserve.......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Where the USA is headed, from Atlas Shrugged:

"

Directive 10-289

This piece is from Atlas Shrugged, here is a little background. At this point in the book much of the economy has collapsed due to government regulation and the teachings of the modern day. These are a set of directives ordered in the hope of stabalizing the economy. I'd like you to read this and as you go think as ruthlessly as you can and draw parrallel's to today's world and the laws that are being passed every day by your representitives I think you'll find it interesting.

Directive 10-289

"In the name of the general welfare," read Wesley Mouch, "to protect the people's security, to achieve full equality and total stability, it is decreed for the duration of the national emergency that--

"Point One. All workers, wage earners and employees of any kind whatsoever shall henceforth be attached to their jobs and shall not leave nor be dismissed nor change employment, under penalty of a term in jail. The penalty shall be determined by the Unification Board, such Board to be appointed by the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources. All persons reaching the age of twenty-one shall report to the Unification Board, which shall assign them to where, in its opinion, their services will best serve the interests of the nation.

"Point Two. All industrial, commercial, manufacturing and business establishments of any nature whatsoever shall henceforth remain in operation, and the owners of such establishments shall not quit nor leave nor retire, nor close, sell or transfer their business, under pentalty of the nationalization of their establishment and of any and all of their property.

"Point Three. All patents and copyrights, pertaining to any devices, inventions, formulas, processes and works of any nature whatsoever, shall be turned over to the nation as a patriotic emergency gift by means of Gift Certificates to be signed voluntarily by the owners of all such patents and copyrights. The Unification Board shall then license the use of such patents and copyrights to all applicants, equally and without discrimination, for the purpose of eliminating monopolistic practices, discarding obsolete products and making the best available to the whole nation. No trademarks, brand names or copyrighted titles shall be used. Every formerly patented product shall be known by a new name and sold by all manufacturers under the same name, such name to be selected by the Unification Board. All private trademarks and brand names are hereby abolished.

"Point Four. No new devices, inventions, products, or goods of any nature whatsoever, not now on the market, shall be produced, invented, manufacturerd or sold afer the date of this directive. The Office of Patents and Copyrights is hereby suspended.

"Point Five. Every establishment, concern, corporation or person engaged in production of any nature whatsoever shall henceforth produce the same amount of goods per year as it, they or he produced during the Basic Year, no more and no less. The year to be known as the Basic or Yardstick Year is to be the year ending on the date of this directive. Over or under production shall be fined, such fines to be determined by the Unification Barod.

"Point Six. Every person of any age, sex, class or income, shall henceforth spend the same amount of money on the purchase of goods per year as he or she spent during the Basic Year, no more and no less. Over or under purchasing shall be fined, such fines to be determined by the Unification Board.

"Point Seven. All wages, prices, salaries, dividends, profits, interest rates and forms of income of any nature whatsoever, shall be frozen at their present figures, as of the date of this directive.

"Point Eight. All cases arising from and rules not specifically provided for in this directive, shall be settled and determined by the Unification Board, whose decisionswill be final."

Ok that's all of it. Please sit and think about this and what it means."

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    What I find ironic is that instead of just looking at actual information and fact in front of a person, a person is looking at a poorly-written fictional account as a prediction of what is to come.

Very rational and objectivist.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    What I find ironic is that instead of just looking at actual information and fact in front of a person, a person is looking at a poorly-written fictional account as a prediction of what is to come.
    It's not made up or a prediction. On January 1, 2014, I go from having affordable insurance, to having the option of paying 3x more OR being uninsured. I was told I could keep my old plan if I liked it. I am unable to keep my old plan. I was lied to by the government.

Now I knew this was coming, I have a friend who worked on the policy. She warned me.

But it was marketed as a saving grace for people who had to buy their own insurance and it is not. It is a saving grace for SICK people and people to a certain income level. For the rest of us, our taxes will go up, and if we were healthy our premiums are going up.

If you can find me insurance for under $200 in NC, I'd be so flipping happy. Last year, I had 18 policies to choose from under $200!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Some could percieve it as fictional account, but the author has based most of the events described in that book on events in her real life.
    Most of you people have no clue what it's like to live under that much regulation and government totalitarianism.
    The way things are going in this country, you'll find out soon enough.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Where the USA is headed, from Atlas Shrugged:

"Point One. All workers, wage earners and employees of any kind whatsoever shall henceforth be attached to their jobs and shall not leave nor be dismissed nor change employment, under penalty of a term in jail. The penalty shall be determined by the Unification Board, such Board to be appointed by the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources. All persons reaching the age of twenty-one shall report to the Unification Board, which shall assign them to where, in its opinion, their services will best serve the interests of the nation.

"Point Two. All industrial, commercial, manufacturing and business establishments of any nature whatsoever shall henceforth remain in operation, and the owners of such establishments shall not quit nor leave nor retire, nor close, sell or transfer their business, under pentalty of the nationalization of their establishment and of any and all of their property.
    "
    There are many who would interpret that as guaranteed employment, plenty of unemployed folks would jump at the opportunity to have a job. I'm not saying I agree with that quote, but I do know people who are unemployed and desperate for work.

Maybe you haven't noticed but a lot of manufacturing has already left this country. Can't say as I see a lot of similarity between the USA and Atlas Shrugged.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

Very rational and objectivist.
    What I find ironic(lol) is your misuse of the word ironic. Note: it doesn't mean funny.

Did you even read Atlas Shrugged, let alone actually think about what was written and how it draw parrallel's to today's world and the laws that are being passed every day? Easy to dismiss something you have no knowledge of.

rockrunner Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    There are many who would interpret that as guaranteed employment, plenty of unemployed folks would jump at the opportunity to have a job. I'm not saying I agree with that quote, but I do know people who are unemployed and desperate for work.

Maybe you haven't noticed but a lot of manufacturing has already left this country. Can't say as I see a lot of similarity between the USA and Atlas Shrugged.
    It seems like the government is using Atlas Shrugged as an instruction manual to some of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post

I see a lot myself. Can't say I see what outsourcing has to do with that particular passage though.

Page 6 of 109 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast