Page 44 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Care reports coming in - HORROR STORIES page 44

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    @ MEvers, Zanna, Kimchi

1) I don't own any electronic gold, as I have no idea what that really means in terms of security. If it is electronic, it can go bye-bye very quickly if someone says so.

2) As far as what to do with it if it turns south.....unless we go back to the stone age, gold and silver (I have much more of this than gold, which has fallen recently due to overbuying causing reservists to flood the market) will always have value. I am not a "total collapse" person, more of an "economic nuclear winter" believer in my own research. I believe that the odds of getting through another decade without resource shocks causing currency de-stabilization are very low. It is only a matter of degree....by owning physical, which I have a very substantial amount of in safe personal locations, it at least gives the ability to not have everything wiped out when this winter happens. The signs that it is approaching, pushed mostly by physical realities of running an entirely growth-based economic model at 140% of Earth's capacity, are everywhere. All it will take is a single commodity to go through a price shock to start the domino effect.....

Demand unmet due to physical reality = price shock = buying up of said commodity by large investors = shortages = loss of income by those not able to afford it = credit default = freezing of credit markets = currency destabilization

Again, I have not seen any logical explanation of how this will be avoided. We have been living as if we have unlimited resources in a finite world, and it WILL be coming home to roost for us. Those that believe otherwise will soon have their denial broken by physical reality, so arguing this point is unnecessary. Mathematics is not an opinion

3) When things start to show more signs, as 2008 with its 6 month arrival calling card (By Dec 2007 all signs were pointing to derivative markets going into the tank), I can make an order to cash out with metals. I am legally entitled to them in direct exchange within a business day. If things go bad faster than that, the whereabouts of my silver will be the least of my concerns. Once things recover, which they will eventually of course, the physical assets will likely be worth much more than they were previously, as it will have become a much more trusted base of currency.

I will have to put the dog outside to warn me for trespassers, clean the 30 odd 6, plant more potatoes.....

You know, drastic stuff
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

Zanna is online now Senior Member
    So more dumb questions, if you don't mind . . . Where/how do you buy the bullion? I see there are online sellers, but that seems kind of shady.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    So more dumb questions, if you don't mind . . . Where/how do you buy the bullion? I see there are online sellers, but that seems kind of shady.
    I found this, The United States Mint About The Mint, which is supposedly a list of authorized(?) dealers of gold coins.

Many years ago I bought one just like the one in the link below off E-bay for less than $400 (the price of gold was lower back then), but I have somehow misplaced it

1986 United States American Gold Eagle 1 oz Bullion $50 Gold Coin | eBay
    Last edited by Graycat; 10-18-2013 at 08:49 AM.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    This covers my system from a macro standpoint....

Swiss Banks Now Offer Allocated Gold, Silver Accounts | Zero Hedge
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    @ Zanna

I heard a good joke once.....

"Want to know a four character word that starts with F and ends with K, that is code for screwing your employees?"
    The major perks of the 401k are that you are not taxed on the amount that goes in, so your money is worth 30% more without doing anything, some companies have an employee match, which then doubles your money without doing anything. It's also nice (and bad) because you really have no access to it, so the temptation to spend it is low.

But I agree, it is not the golden parachute people think. And if you do withdraw early you get hosed on about 15 different levels.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Zanna is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    The major perks of the 401k are that you are not taxed on the amount that goes in, so your money is worth 30% more without doing anything, some companies have an employee match, which then doubles your money without doing anything. It's also nice (and bad) because you really have no access to it, so the temptation to spend it is low.

But I agree, it is not the golden parachute people think. And if you do withdraw early you get hosed on about 15 different levels.
    That's the thing - my company matches up to 6% so it's hard to walk away from that.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Lazarus.

I was looking into Swiss "allocated" gold accounts, but even then I guess there is no guarantee the gold actually exists.

Grizz is offline Banned
    - Karl Denninger, financial expert at Market-Ticker.org says Obama Care is destined to be a disaster. Denninger says, “What Congress calculated rather coldly is they could shove a gun up young people’s backs and make them fork up the money.” There are two very big problems with this, according to Denninger, “They have no reason to buy today, and the fine is insufficient motivation because it is a small fraction of the premium.” Denninger predicts, “This is not going to bring down healthcare costs. This is going to accelerate costs. This is extremely bad law.” Join Greg Hunter as he goes One-on-One to interview trader/financial analyst Karl Denninger.
    Read more at Karl Denninger Says Obama Care is Doomed to Failure | Greg Hunter

It is called a "Downward Spiral" because those who are sickly & have pre-existing conditions will sign up, and healthy young people will just pay the fine or ignore Obama Care altogether. Insurance companies will simply go out of business if enough young healthy people don't sign up.

Carl Denninger explains why ACA will crash & burn within 1 year.

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Obamacare Software,
    Software Expert John McAfee says that it is unfixable, must be restarted from scratch with quality programmers.

Interview with John McAffee:

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Thanks Lazarus.

I was looking into Swiss "allocated" gold accounts, but even then I guess there is no guarantee the gold actually exists.
    KimChiNinja,

My favorite investment is Electric Utility Companies. They pay me a 6% & more dividend and have a growth in earnings, too.
    Here is the track record of one of my investments:
    NextEra Energy, Inc. | Investor Relations: Wind Energy Stocks, Solar Energy Stocks, FPL Stock | Dividend Information

I reinvest most of the dividends.

While everyone is expecting the end of the world, I expect the USA to muddle along as usual, and electric utilities are a vital business that are not going away. I prefer the companies with major investments in solar & wind that will outperform coal fired companies as Obama taxes coal into oblivion.

To each their own best investments, I don't expect anyone to agree with my choices. Utilities have been fantastic for me over the decades, with zero BIG LOSSES. The name of this game is to NOT lose money.

Grizz

Page 44 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast