Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Care reports coming in - HORROR STORIES page 40

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Lazarus,

The battle is between conservatives & liberals. It is Obama & his Progressive Comrades that will get killed in the next election. Everyone knows WHO has put the country in more debt than any other president in history: Obama. Everyone knows it is the democrats that refuse to negotiate on the debt & vital issues in this country.

It will be a clean sweep to get the Democrats out of office in the next election!

Grizz
    Attachment 13806
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

janie is offline Senior Member
    Grizz-
    You apparently only get your "facts" from Faux News. Obama won in a landslide b/c the Republican party has handed over its credibility to a bunch of crazed idiots. And apparently the remaining sane Republicans don't have the kahunas to stand up to these nut jobs. It would take a miracle for the Republican party to recover from this, so your election predictions are from deep fantasy land.

Give it a break, huh?
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Lazarus,

The battle is between conservatives & liberals. It is Obama & his Progressive Comrades that will get killed in the next election. Everyone knows WHO has put the country in more debt than any other president in history: Obama. Everyone knows it is the democrats that refuse to negotiate on the debt & vital issues in this country.

It will be a clean sweep to get the Democrats out of office in the next election!

Grizz
    Yeah see that's where you again sound like a paid poster. Koch Brother plant
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Grizz is offline Banned
    You wonderful people will have to pick up the ball on Obama & his train wreck while I do some serious work on the old house for the next week. See Y'all next week !

One last link before I sign off, food for thought:
    New York Times says ObamaCare is a disaster, won't be ready in time:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/13/us...rtal.html?_r=0

3 Cheers to all,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-14-2013 at 05:23 PM.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    @ MagicMerl

I agree with you about the parties, but that is not really feasible with the current system. America is not a newer democracy, in the form of the UK or NZ, in which it is a parliamentary system. This means that we a built for 2 party rule....add to this the fact that the Reps and Dems are not parties anymore, so much as massive, organized, corporate/labor back machines, and the reality is that we are stuck with our existing party system.

This is what makes the problem I outlined so serious; that the Reps are ALL WE HAVE to oppose the Dems with, like them or not....

The "Tea Party" was a paid-for political movement of some of the wealthy billionaires in the country. It was not a "grassroots" movement, and anyone that believes so has not done even rudimentary research into its origins. The goal was to stop any advancement of regulations that would lessen the profits of these billionaires. Ideology was a mask for it, with profit protection as its true motives. Again, this is not really debatable to anyone that objectively looks into it.

The result was a small segment of the Congress, with an entire media apparatus to back them up, that live in and created an echo chamber for their own ideas....this is why Griz is likely not a Koch plant....they really are THAT good at creating a completely distorted view of reality, all painted as their unique form of truth.

None of this would be more than entertaining if it weren't for our 2-party system, whereupon you really only have one organized group to get behind to stop a party in control.....when Bush was President, it was one thing that the Dems did really well; they didn't let the "Code Pink", Moveon.org crowd become the voice of their opposition. If they had, they know the pitfalls that the Reps had visited upon them in 2010, 2012, and in the coming years.

My point is that Griz is actually representing a pretty sizeable part of the electorate, about 18-25% depending on who you ask, that are fully bought into the kool aid echo chamber....and the other 75% of the country, even if they are ideologically opposed to the Democrats, are repulsed by being associated with an opposition that illogical and hateful. This means that you can win elections with ideas people don't even like, such as Obamacare, because the opposition has lent itself to the billionaires.

In regards to actual discussion, I will present my normal 2 questions. I have put them into forums throughout the web, as well as this site, and have never gotten an answer that is in keeping with our discourse:
    1) What was the last Presidential administration that followed the Constitution, at all?
    2) What policies has Obama STARTED that are a departure from the past 50 years of governmental policy?

If one can come up with good answers for either of those, perhaps I will join the hate parade on the Pres a little more. Until then, he is just more of the same. No better, no worse, all terrible
    "Man is born free.....but everywhere he is in chains."

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    In regards to actual discussion, I will present my normal 2 questions. I have put them into forums throughout the web, as well as this site, and have never gotten an answer that is in keeping with our discourse:
    1) What was the last Presidential administration that followed the Constitution, at all?
    2) What policies has Obama STARTED that are a departure from the past 50 years of governmental policy?

If one can come up with good answers for either of those, perhaps I will join the hate parade on the Pres a little more. Until then, he is just more of the same. No better, no worse, all terrible
    1. Given that you say "at all", then presumably all of them have, since I don't recall a president staying in office for more than two terms, despite how attractive holding on to power might seem. There are lots of other banana republics where the president just changes the constitution ala mickey mouse copyright laws so that they can effectively stay in power for life, despite what the constitution of their country said when they were elected.

2. Nothing that I can think of. Is it really possible for a president to do that in the US?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    2. Nothing that I can think of. Is it really possible for a president to do that in the US?
    Not if he/she wants to get elected. Sadly/LOL - hard to say which. I guess it's sadly if you're American, LOL if you're just watching.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Part of me wishes that Romney had won. Not much would be different. There'd still be plenty of unnecessary wars. The Fed would still be printing money like crazy. The NSA would still be spying on people.

But at least ammo would be a lot cheaper and easier to find...
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    IMHO, the most recent real fracture that made many who didn't always vote a straight ticket creeped out, happened in the 90s when abortion became THE issue. Anyone who was pro-choice was labeled a baby killer. No matter if they had five kids of their own, or if they only wanted it for rape victims, or however moderate their position. If you were pro-choice, you were a baby killer. Everyone who wanted to fit in became a Goddie.

About a decade earlier than that, using the word liberal as an insult started big time. That one always cracked me up. I've been labeled a liberal because I believe in welfare. But no one who calls me that ever reads, hears, or apparently comprehends that it is because I think welfare is currently the cheapest solution to the poor. I don't want to walk down the street fending off six year olds selling Chiclets. Hide the poor and keep them from hitting me over the head for my jewelry if I go out dressed nicely. I'm also pro-gun for the sane.

IOW, Laz is right on when he talks about the us vs them mentality. Ultra-anything is usually wrong. A truly thinking person doesn't just find a TV network and blindly follow it. S/he doesn't find a party, then blast "those people" who aren't in it. That's too easy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Keep voting Republican or Democrat. I am sure they will eventually get it right.

Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast