Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: High sugar low protein? page

  1. #1
    Iron Will's Avatar
    Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver B.C
    Posts
    621

    High sugar low protein?

    Primal Fuel
    I haven't been in this section for a while so man do I feel like I've missed a lot. Can someone recommend a thread for me to read to get caught up on this nonsense? I might want to get on the short bus too.

  2. #2
    turquoisepassion's Avatar
    turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NYC (and ATX)
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    I haven't been in this section for a while so man do I feel like I've missed a lot. Can someone recommend a thread for me to read to get caught up on this nonsense? I might want to get on the short bus too.
    No one recommends low protein. If you want to read high sugar/carbs, high protein (>100g), low fat I think you are referring to the Peat threads.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

    My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


    Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

    " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

  3. #3
    Iron Will's Avatar
    Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver B.C
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    No one recommends low protein. If you want to read high sugar/carbs, high protein (>100g), low fat I think you are referring to the Peat threads.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    That must be it thanks. I've only been skimming a couple other threads so I must have misunderstood.

  4. #4
    turquoisepassion's Avatar
    turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NYC (and ATX)
    Posts
    2,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    That must be it thanks. I've only been skimming a couple other threads so I must have misunderstood.
    Refer to the thread "primal with moar peat"


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

    My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


    Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

    " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

  5. #5
    Iron Will's Avatar
    Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver B.C
    Posts
    621
    So this may be a stupid question but isn't that pretty much the SAD? High sugar low fat? Maybe I should just read the thread.

  6. #6
    turquoisepassion's Avatar
    turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NYC (and ATX)
    Posts
    2,743

    High sugar low protein?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    So this may be a stupid question but isn't that pretty much the SAD? High sugar low fat? Maybe I should just read the thread.
    Sad is high carb, high fat, low protein.

    Peat is high carb, low fat, high protein.

    Primal is low carb, high fat, high protein.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

    My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


    Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

    " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

  7. #7
    Iron Will's Avatar
    Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vancouver B.C
    Posts
    621
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Sad is high carb, high fat, low protein.

    Peat is high carb, low fat, high protein.

    Primal is low carb, high fat, high protein.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Thanks Turq. I'll search the Peat thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •