Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Laetitia787 Primal Journal page

laetitia787 is offline Member

Red face Laetitia787 Primal Journal

Hi everyone,

My name is Laetitia , 20 years, living near Paris with my parents. I am interested in the paleo diet for a few weeks , I bought and read the book of Mark ( paleo model in French ) and I decided to seriously start today!

My story is a bit complex. I started a diet there two years, I gradually unwittingly fell into anorexia nervosa for a while, then my fiance left me and I switched to bulimia to calm my mind and anxiety and sadness because it was everything to me , I loved him a huge and inexplicable love , plus I had him as our relationship had cut me off from all my friends and my relationship with my parents was bad this is why my fall was even more brutal . 44 kg (97 livres) in July 2012 I got to 62kg (136livres) in January 2013 , I fell into a deep depression and became addicted to food and especially sugar. I lost all confidence in myself and I was horrible. My parents have not helped me , my mother saw nothing (or nothing rather see WANTED ) and yet I live with them ! I though they had confessed that I had fallen in anorexia nervosa and that was partly why my boyfriend left me , however none of my parents have insisted that I go see a doctor, person no one spoke . Then one day in January I decided to take my life back , it was either that or suicide for me, so I returned to the regime , makes cardio very often ( I have an elliptical in my room) and I finally dropped to 47kg (103livres) in 5 months . But now my old demons came back , I gradually fell back into this horrible bulimia , I eat anything anytime I have no limit. I regained all my weight so today I 'm back to 62kg , I have a dull skin with many imperfections (which I did not eating properly) , I lose my hair too much , I don ' have no confidence in me and hate me , I do not even dare to leave the house so I am ashamed ! My parents always say no ...
    I decided to begin the Paleo diet because it represents values ​​that I appreciate as not to consume processed foods by the food industry , back to basics with fruits and vegetables ... The simple and natural side is me enough good.

My goal with the Paleo diet is to start a new way of life , lose weight and achieve 50kg (I know I can ) and find a good health, happiness and not be constantly tired. I want to respect my body and be proud of me for the rest of my life !
    For those who took the time to read this thank you and very happy to have found a source of information and advice as this forum ! if you have any advice I took !

PS: sorry for my bad English
    Last edited by laetitia787; 10-08-2013 at 09:14 AM.

So yesterday was my first day as a Grokette ! I was not very hungry (because of the excess of the days before ...)

Breakfast: nothing
    Lunch: some sashimi (raw fish) with cucumber
    Snack: an egg white that I had in the fridge
    Dinner: flank steak, eggplant and turnip
    IMG_20131006_201148.jpg

Sport: I walked on my elliptical (55-75% heart rate) for 1:45.

I was a little on edge, but the first day of weaning happened!
    Attached Images Attached Images

evertastica is offline Member
    Welcome, glad to see you are moving towards a healthy lifestyle and the positive!
    I am your age and have struggled with past in disordered eating. Primal/Paleo is a huge part of my life and I'm so happy to have found it. I look forward to reading your journal! If you have any questions/concerns i'd be more than happy to chat. I'm more of a reader than a poster on here but I felt a need to post on this for some reason

Oh and your dinner looks great!

Hi Evertastica, thank you for your encouragement, it warms my heart! How long have you been eating disorders? How did you do to get better?

So day 2: I woke up I weighed and I lost 1.8 kg (3,968 lb) so nice surprise to start!
    - Breakfast: pork ham with little cherry tomatoes
    - Lunch: Mackerel (canned), tomato / turnip / eggplants seasoned with a little olive oil
    IMG_20131007_134834.jpg
    - Dinner: Salisbury steak 5% fat, eggplant, leeks steamed
    IMG_20131007_201052.jpg
    Meats are unfortunately not organic or pasture for now (supermarket) but I try to do with less chemical ingredients inside.

Sport: I walked 7.5 miles on my elliptical

Today I felt better already, in form and morale, it's nice!
    I post pictures of my meals because I think it is easier

hi to all!
    last night I did not have time to write my day , I was so tired that I slept like a baby ! I must say that last night I could not sleep and I slept 4 hours in all ! I started my day 3 very tired but still motivated !

So day 3: Curious to see how my body reacted to my new lifestyle, I 'm still weighing and I still lost 900 g ( = 1,984 lb) . My current weight is 60kg ( 132lb ) .

- Breakfast : omelet with 1 egg , cherry tomatoes , 2 pieces of Swiss dried beef

- Lunch : Tuna (canned) with 1 tomato and leeks , seasoned with a little olive oil

- Dinner: Swiss dried beef with organic pumpkin soup ( delicious! ), 10g nuts.

Sport: 10km walk on the elliptical

I must try to eat a little more fat because I 'm an old fat phobic , indoctrinated in the speech " fat makes you fat ." And from day 4 I remange fruit that I had stopped to be in ketosis and accelerate weight loss .

That tonight I'll post my day 4.
    My journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread95995.html

SW : 64.7 kg --> (17/02/2014)
    CW : 62 kg
    GW : 48 kg

Day 4:

B: pancake with banana (with 1 egg, 1 banana, cinnamon, coconut oil), coffee

L: turkey escalope, leeks, 1 pear

S: 20g Swiss dried beef, coffee

D: mushroom omelette (with 3 eggs)

According MyFitnessPal, that is 31% carbohydrate, 36% fat, 33% protein. What do you think?

Sport: anything today because I had to keep my 3 year old nephew, and then review the afternoon

I feel better every day, I convinced my parents to buy organic eggs from the supermarket so today is organic eggs, happy to do good to my body!
    Also I was wondering about the amount of protein that you need to eat, I found 1.6 g protein / kg bodyweight (or 0.7 g protein / lb bodyweight) for women in the diet, not someone he confirm?

thank you

Hello,
    Unfortunately, yesterday during the day 5 I cracked , everything was going well until the afternoon , I 'm not proud of myself , but I was training to primary school children and with all this atmosphere, when I got home and saw all these cakes , chocolate , bread and shit in my closet ( my parents do not eat paleo ) I broke down and ate all the wrong things. In addition , the evening my brother came to eat at home and brought pastries ...
    I 'd like to know how you, you do not to crack and avoid temptations?
    After four great days , I think it sucks but I will not fall into the dirt as before, I am strong and this morning I go back in the saddle again and I made ​​very careful about my diet. I really want to succeed detoxify me of this! Let's say it is a lesson to me , I cracked one day and I realized after I finally did not have much appreciated that , in addition to all that excess sugar fell asleep immediately and my stomach was bloated .
    I need advice, how did you do at the beginning ?

MaceyUK is online now Senior Member
    You are very brave Laetitia. My advice is to go into primal a little slower and allow yourself to have a few days where you can cheat. When you feel that you would rather not eat shit food by choice you can drop these binges and really feel the full effect. 8 out of ten is better than most people in the world so start with that.
    In France you have wonderful cheeses and great regional delicacies so maybe enjoy some of those as your treats. I would love to have a big warm camembert with some slices of pear right now.
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

maceyUK thank you for your advice , it is true that I want to do well so that everything is perfect , sometimes it leads to cracking . Say yesterday was a BIG cheat day , but the crisis has passed, I can not go back, what 's done is done and I listen to my body now .
    The French cheese is very good but I 'm not cheese , I'm a sugar addict ! In any case, it's so nice to have a site, communoté people like us to help each other and talk. France in the paleo is very little known .

If today was the day 6, I have not been hungry in the morning , I was still bloated is probably due to the excess of yesterday, so :

B: coffee

L: nothing

S : 1 slice of pork ham, 15g Swiss dried beef , 4 cherry tomatoes

D: prawns, organic pumpkin soup (so delicious!)

Sport: 4536 miles on the elliptical + 20 minutes walking to get to work

Despite my cracked yesterday I feel like a failure , I am proud of myself because I managed to get up and get out of this trap , I quickly resumed the paleo way whereas, in my past , when I was binge eating ( because it is really bulimia for me ) , it set off again for several days.

oh and today I bought for the first time in coconut water and coconut milk organic, great for many recipes paleo! Wait to try it!

MaceyUK is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You have to get your sugar addiction behind you. Have you thought about going very low carb and then slowly reintroducing carbs?
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast