Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toilet action. page

MelissaW-S is offline Junior Member

Toilet action.

Shop Now
    Sorry for delay.Only let me post the title
    Anyway, I have been living paleo/primal for about a month now and have just started experiencing shall we say 'toilet issues'.
    Pre paleo I went often, sometimes a few times a day.I ate whole grains etc.Obviously that has stopped but I still eat lots of veg, filling half-3 quarters of my plate.
    I do go to the loo but the last few times it has been a struggle and left me feeling a little sore/uncomfortable.
    Is this usual? is it because I am getting used to the changes or is there something more I should be doing? Anyone else experience the same?
    Last edited by MelissaW-S; 10-06-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Hell yes! Sign me up!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    With less whole grains to bulk up your stool, it makes perfect sense that your body is producing less waste. As far as uncomfortable BMs, you might want to add probiotics and some daily magnesium supplements.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

still going as often.just not an easy trip
    thankyou for the advice.I will certainly try the probiotics.
    Sent from my STB8098 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Oh, look. It's not just a title now. How long were you going to leave it as just a title "toilet action" with no post? I thought you were spam, I was sure of it.

Take magnesium citrate, works for me! /thread

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

No,not spam :-) kept saying MDAPF had stopped. There's some good stuff on this forum.

Ha ha, okay. Sorry, I almost never reply to spam, but when I see the words "toilet action" and it just sits there, I have to DO something with it.

Welcome to our crazy forum. Pardon our arguments.

Have you tried magnesium?

Are you eating raw vegetables? Anything with seeds or pokey edges like lots of nuts, etc.? Those veggies, nuts and fiber can sometimes cause bad poops.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaW-S View Post
    Anyway, I have been living paleo/primal for about a month now and have just started experiencing shall we say 'toilet issues'.
    Pre paleo I went often, sometimes a few times a day.I ate whole grains etc.Obviously that has stopped but I still eat lots of veg, filling half-3 quarters of my plate.
    Butter can be something of an aperient.

Your description of your food is pretty brief, and there's no indication of how much fat you're getting. The amount's too low in mainstream diets, owing to entirely spurious fears about fat. It's almost certainly a major reason for dropping rates of fertility, for example:

As butter consumption in America has declined, sterility rates and problems with sexual development have increased. In calves, butter substitutes are unable to promote growth or sustain reproduction
    The Skinny on Fats - Weston A Price Foundation

If people stop eating bread-and-butter (because of the problems with cereal grains) but don't, instead, put plenty of butter in the cooking and on their vegetables -- and rather more perhaps than they would have been putting on their bread -- then it's unlikely to be a good thing for a number of different reasons.

Coconut oil is also known to get things moving.

I would assess how much fat you're usually getting, and check whether it's in-line with the kind of amounts that anyone would get throughout the day using the suggested menus in Mark's book or on the site.

Lots of cereal fibre, to be frank, is probably not good for the bowels in the long run, although "everyone" says it is. Mark's friend Konstantin Monastyrsky, who has guested as a columnist on the MDA site, would give you an argument on that:

FiberMenace: About the book

As someone said, Magnesium citrate in excess -- along with more water, if you're not drinking enough -- makes people rather loose, sometimes dangerously so. The easiest way to take it is as a made-up fizzy-drink -- UK source:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Natural-Calm...dp/B000WVYB8Y/

Many people at MDA take some magnesium, since this mineral is depleted in soil, owing to intensive farming methods, but has a number of important functions in the body. Magnesium Citrate isn't the best or most absorbable form to take it in, but it is easily available, and it has this potentially useful side-effect if you take just a little too much.

Back from my exercise session and popped to a shop and purchased probiotics.
    yes I do eat a fair few seeds and raw veg,I didn't think of that.Kind of obvious really
    Thanks for the lovely welcome.no worries,I don't get put off by arguments.I do enjoy a good discussion mind.
    You are probably right Lewis,I spent so long eating low fat,I may not have put back in enough yet.I do eat a large amount of oily fish.love my fish esp mackerel.
    Trout is a new one to me that I'm enjoying. I am only a month in so maybe I am concentrating too much on the right fats and then maybe missing out.
    All your advice is greatly appreciated and I shall look into those links.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Do we dare mention squat vs sit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast