Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow, this forum has changed! page 14

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Well Zach the fact that you resort to made up posts (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1330533) , with fake PMs and downright lies pretty much sums up who and what you are. It is about the saddest thing I have ever seen but I am sure you will find a way to achieve new lows.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 10-06-2013 at 10:29 AM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    digging the vibe YB.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    And YogaBare, I'm going to follow your lead (OMG CULT OMG) and join the the love movement.
    See now. Isn't that better?

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Wow, this thread improved significantly towards the last several pages. Surprisingly, starting with Derp's posts! Though I think that's after some people went to bed.

YB, this is totally off-topic (but why not?), but would you be interested in meeting with me and Hulky for drinks if we're in London for our honeymoon next March?
    What about all my peace and love bullcrap?

And - YEOW! - yes I'd love to meet you and Hulky in London - that would be awesome!! You'll be the second MDA poster that I'll have met in real life
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I think for Choco it is a relatively new thing. I do not recall him being that way in years past. It seems to me that he got tired of being told "You are young and male so go sit in the corner and play with your hotwheels" when giving advice so got more direct about it. That directness sometimes edges towards "You are an idiot and I am right" but eh, who among us is perfect?

As for Zach, while I seldom agree with his approach, the man has helped people. Sure, we can argue whether or not MDA is the place for that kind of help (not looking to get into the whole LC vs Peat debate) but the bottom line is he has helped people. Has he hurt people as well (pushing for sugar w/ PCOS etc) who knows? Frankly, I am of the opinion that those with certain metabolic/auto-immune/whatever conditions should educate themselves about said condition and know what works best. I also think everyone on this forum should know what the PBP says (if not the book then at least the 'start here' section). Given that baseline education they should know what parts of Zach's approach works within the limits of PBP as they follow it. HF/LC does not work for everyone and it is nice to have a differing view even if it goes a bit (or a lot) too far at times.

Eh, but enough about that. It's Sunday (except where Jen is apparently) and I should be doing something useful like actually earning the money Congress promises to pay me if they ever decide to let the government go back to work.
    I don't have a problem with Choco because he is a young male, or with Zach because he is Peaty. The issue is that they take their N=1 successes and/or failures and then assume that their experience will be identical for people who are not young males. That is why they get crap for it.

They use the excuse that they have to protect people from the primal or low carb horrors they will experience, without any acknowledgement that they may be causing harm to just as many people as they are helping. Zach actually brags about the fact that he has scared off several of the overweight women around here that follow low carb approaches. I find that disgusting. Overall, they both serve to shut down discussions more often than they enhance them. I actually like Choco a lot and when he is off his high horse he has some great insight. But the forums were a much better place before Zach joined.

I follow the autoimmune version of a paleo diet that pretty much saved my life. But I have noticed that on these forums close to 50% of people who try this approach have no success with their conditions. That in no way changes the advice I give people, but I am aware of the limitations of my approach. I wish Choco and Zach would just do the same.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Eh, but enough about that. It's Sunday (except where Jen is apparently) and I should be doing something useful like actually earning the money Congress promises to pay me if they ever decide to let the government go back to work.
    It was Monday here by the time you posted this

Good luck with getting back to work. Now that situation looks like a total clusterfwck from to us outsiders.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Good luck with getting back to work. Now that situation looks like a total clusterfwck from to us outsiders.
    Pretty much looks like that to us insiders as well!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    It was Monday here by the time you posted this

Thanks but I am working. They are just going to pay us later. I am not one of the lucky ones getting a free paid vacation. Not that I am bitter...okay, maybe a little.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I guess that for me, I write on a lot of forums of various topics....I don't have TV, so writing in one form or another is a big hobby of mine. I write books, attempts at mag articles, etc. My forums include one on primitive hunting techniques, Ducati motorcycles, a few on cooking, a many political forums across the spectrum.

This is one of the most civil that I know of. There are occasional times when people get arrogant, however one could argue that ANY articulation of your thoughts into words has a given arrogance. You are expressing that your thoughts deserve to be heard....not to mention this being a public forum with millions of visitors per month. I don't mind that one much.

I have had my problems with Derp, but overall I think I would like him a lot in person. A fisherman can always spot another fisherman from afar, as they say. Some people are intense, or full of themselves. Not near enough to make me dislike them

I have been called names here maybe 1-2 times, and it always gets some contrition after. I have been called innumerable names when explaining that "No,I think Barrett clutches are garbage.", or that I don't see the point in wasting time hunting rabbits when I can raise my own, or GOD help you on the political forums....

This is NiceVille. Go post on an ultra-right wing political site, and collect the number of dictators you are supposedly ideologically aligned with. I am still waiting to get called Pol Pot. He doesn't get enough cred, I guess. It's a cool name at least. Always the usual WWII era stand-bys. It's sad and unimaginative. It would make my day to get called George III or Genghis Khan. Keep it historical

Plus a lot of people on here are really nice, out of their way nice. That is rare when people are anonymous.
    "Man is born free.....but everywhere he is in chains."

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Zach changed my life forever
    nihil

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I feel that away about both of you

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Zach is the new messiah and Peat is God!!! Oh wait, the gods are all gone in our time...

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast