Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Duh.
    Duh.
    Duh.
    Duh.
    Pretty much the sum total of everything you've posted on MDA ever.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    I dont remember that, but you should.
    i should, it has a lot of humor value
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Im gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Zach is offline Banned
    Blah you are so boring, joanie. No wonder your alone on a saturday night... In your 50s.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    I insulted the writer and rightly so. I didnt insult Cookie. Duh.
    Is it insulting? Is sugar a drug? Hmm. We have a built-in mechanism that kicks in when dietary sugar (carbs) is absent (gluconeogenesis). Do we have a built-in mechanism that produces cocaine in its absence? Will our body convert a steak into cocaine? Is sugar a drug or is it giving the body what it wants in a very efficient form?
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Blah you are so boring, joanie. No wonder your alone on a saturday night... In your 50s.
    Oh gosh - it's a Zachy poo insult. I'm so devastated. Waaaaahhhhh. [/sarcasm]

If the goddess came down right now and said, "Joanie, you get to be Zach which means an extra 20 years on the planet, or you get to be you and you'll die when you die," I'd never take the other 20 years. That's what a waste of air and skin I think you are.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Okay..it is past both of your bed time. Stop. Neither of your behavior is admirable.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Yes, mom. Goodnight all. (Cept you joanie *shakes a fist*)
    No..you can say a kind good night to her as well.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    nihil

Well, there seems to be some misconceptions here. First off, the cult mentality. I was actually just complaining about this via texts with Zach just the other day. I'm not trying to recruit anyone, in fact, my own journal on here is not diet-centric at all, because it's not really what interests me. I eat intuitively, based on a modified version of what I've always ate. I was raised by grandparents that had a very traditional French diet. The collective hivemind you see here is likely people that want to be part of a community that supports their "odd" diet, but are turned off by some of the other Peat forums for whatever reasons. Maybe they don't want to be part of a totalitarian forum. You see this in the Peat thread, which, I don't even post in very much. I stay away from primal threads, because it's not my goal to go out and collect every person and "convert" them -- and it just doesn't interest me. Most involved in a higher carb diet gravitated to it on their own accord, usually from sampling various information and just a genuine curiosity about it. The questions in the Peat thread show this, I personally don't even know many of these individuals and have never seen their posts anywhere on the forum, so, you cannot say that I've gone out and actively tried to convert them. I post where I post and I don't censor my opinions, but I hardly ever catch myself name dropping, and when I do debate from a particular stance, it's what I believe and I try to explain it as scientifically relevant as possible. This is much like Peat's articles, on their own, it will rarely catch followers or attention simply because no one really cares. Nutritional science is the bastard child of the scientific community.

If anything, I'd much rather someone follow a primal diet than a SAD or CW, partly because I care about the health of others, and secondly because I want to move away from nanny state guidelines as much as possible. I can't really accomplish this if I'm holding the hand of people and acting like some glorious leader or something. My attitude is far from that, I'm definitely no leader, and I'm not that arrogant. I do have a weird sense of humor though, and I was just joking in this thread.

People seem happy eating this particular way, so, others are curious and wish to try to incorporate some of the aspects. It's natural, it's not anti-primal or anything, most are just eating fruit and dairy, but in higher amounts.

So, yeah, chillax people.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 10-06-2013 at 03:02 AM.
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, and to triple post, many of the Peat people on other forums dislike those "Peat" people here, so that should say something.
    nihil

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast