Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ladies...your fitness routine? page 6

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm with Goosejuggler--strongman training is where it's at. 3x a week I'm slamming around tires, sledgehammers, logs, kegs, stones, sandbags, prowlers, etc, with a barbell strength component in the middle and stuff like kettlebells and strict pull-ups for warmup. I've never seen so much strength and conditioning progress as from strongman training.

This morning our strength portion was 5 sets of a 7rep bear complex, getting heavier each round (final round at 95). 95 may not sound like a lot for a single rep but do seven reps without letting go of the bar (after doing 4 other sets) and you'll cry, I promise.

2x a week I do oly weightlifting, once a week I drop into Crossfit to keep up on my WODs (since I like to compete). In the past couple of months I've really been moving away from Crossfit towards a more targeted skill and heavy lifting training style. I still love Crossfit, I've just outgrown it, I think. Certainly no need to metcon my brains out three times a week.

I do yoga every day but I'm a teacher so a lot of times my home practice is playing around with poses and sequencing.

At home I have a pull-up bar, rings, speed rope, and a men's bar with some 10-lb bumpers. I do skill practice every evening, just little mini-WODs of stuff like toes to bar, muscleup progressions, kips, double unders, taking apart the oly lifts, etc. I find that just a little bit of skill practice every day has had huge results. And I want a muscleup by December! Right now I'm having to re-teach myself ring swings, pulls and transitions because I wasn't using false grip before. False grip is a whole different ballgame.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Wow, strongman sounds like fun!

I do weight lifting 2x/week, Pilates 2-4 x/week and racquetball 2x/ week. I just started playing tournaments again and am trying to figure out a workout schedule that won't overload me. Tourneys are typically every other weekend and you usually play several matches in a day. Last time I didn't eat enough and got a wicked calf cramp.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I pride myself on having built up pretty good stamina, but I'm pretty sure I would poop out immediately if I ever played racquetball. Speed, strength, and accuracy all needed at once? No way.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    God, I love racquetball for all of those things. Played a bunch of other sports but they all paled in comparison to that. So many things going on at once. Funny thing is that I loathe running, unless I'm being chased or chasing something. I can play racquetball for hours.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456