Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ladies...your fitness routine? page 5

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I do strongman based training 3-4 days a week. This is involves the big lifts, oly lifts and competition based exercises - sandbag carries, car pushes, sled drags etc. Plus sprinting. Those are my favourite days
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member
    I play tennis at least once a week for an hour.
    I'm trying to walk from my work to the supermarket to get food in the house often (that's a 20 minute walk)
    I'm trying to do squats and push ups as often as I can around the house.

any other activity comes from playing around with the cats and cleaning up the house...

(yeah I'm kind of lazy)
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

dazygyrl is offline Member
    oy! feeling it today!!

when you get sore from a good lift, and are still sore by the time your next lift day rolls around, do you still lift even tho sore?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
    oy! feeling it today!!

when you get sore from a good lift, and are still sore by the time your next lift day rolls around, do you still lift even tho sore?
    Yes. Soreness is not an indicator of where you're at in the stress/recovery cycle. Do some extra warmup sets so you can achieve full ROM and lift away. Once you get accustomed to your routine, soreness won't be such a big deal.

dazygyrl is offline Member
    thanks, RM!

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    I work with a strength and conditioning coach in a small group environment 3 times a week for one hour each. I also workout on my one at least once more a week, sometimes twice - sometimes with strength, sometimes on my bicycle. At home I've a Jungle Gym XT (a version of the TRX), a kettlebell and some mobility gear - pretty much all I need.

This morning our workout featured single legged rows with a kettlebell, TRX rows with a press (kettlebell or dumbbell). We finished up with 4 minutes of 20 seconds on/20 seconds off of squat jumps. If we wanted to make that harder than we held the squat during the rest - I did for a couple, but couldn't for all of them.

I work very hard but rarely get more than a little sore. My coach tells me that this is related to hydration as much as anything. Make certain you are drinking enough water - throughout the day - and getting some decent protein in during that first hour after the workout. I typically wait at least 30 minutes to allow my system a chance to calm after an intense workout.
    Last edited by Catrin; 10-08-2013 at 10:16 AM.

moluv is offline Senior Member
    My fitness routine:

Daily: throughout the day: yoga, arm balances, inversions (headstands and handstands), lots of chataranga and planks, side planks.

Once or twice weekly: 60 min hot yoga class

Once or twice weekly: lifting weights at the gym- squats, dead lift, overhead press, assisted chin-ups, bench press, heavy rope

Every now and then: sprint session as I feel like it

As often as possible: dance class (ballet or jazz)

I also spend a lot of my free time stretching my spine and forward bending as well as working the kinks out with a foam roller or tennis ball. Dance and yoga require extreme range of motion and maintaining and expanding that supersedes gaining strength.

toscamulder is offline Senior Member
    About 4x a week heavy lifting (squats, deads, push/schoulder press, clean & jerk) and 3x a week weightlifting technique. Also about 2 WOD's a week and other CrossFit techniques like handstand pushup and kipping occasionally. I always pick 2 components: technique + strength, technique + WOD, strength + WOD, everything is possible. I always make sure I have at least 1 rest day.
    NB. I'm training to be a competitive weightlifter/CrossFit athlete someday. I do not recommend training this much for gaining logevity or something like PB describes, because I am constantly on the verge on overtraining which is not a good thing. Also my muscles and ligaments do not approve with this intensity. Scheduling rest days is really important.

toscamulder is offline Senior Member
    Forgot to mention I always start with mobility training as a warming up -extremely important!

Aingealag is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    * I try to catch a CX Works class every week.
    * One 30-minute walk/jog with sprints per week.
    * 20 minutes walking per day.
    * Lifting heavy weights or doing bodyweight exercises for about 15 minutes per week.

I'm lazy...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast