Thread: ladies...your fitness routine? page 4

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Badkty22 View Post
    Love the juvenile Oly lift humor! Couple favorite shirts I've seen:
    "Everyone loves a clean snatch"
    "When I get tired of snatches I jerk it"
    Juvenile humour?

But those quotes are very true. I did get tired of snatches after a few years, but my coach couldn't understand that, so I had to find a new kind of box to get sweaty in.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Have you tried chalk?
    Good call Mag. Chalk is great for reducing friction. Last thing you want is calluses, ouch!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

nr223 is offline Junior Member
    I was doing four days of weights with running twenty miles a week and felt like my body was in great shape! I was only 60 percent primal...

Now I'm training for a marathon and have been lifting less..but as soon as my marathon is over my goal is to get in the best shape of my life with not spending hours at the gym.. I really just want to do 5 days for absolutely no more than 2hrs

I am currently making the primal transition

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating paleo for 10 months now (man, that went fast!) and am loving it. Re exercise, I have moved away from chronic cardio (though I still want to run a marathon....)

Now my goals are to LHT 2*/week (chin ups, squats, deadlifts, pushups, etc) and get to yoga at least once. As it'll be summer soon I'll also have touch rugby 1*week and will do some jog/sprint/whatevs on the other day(s). That'll do me.
    Last edited by heatherp; 10-06-2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: oops

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I've been lifting 3-4 x a week for a few years, supplementing with various cardio, but now I am moving back towards chronic cardio, as I can't lose weight & tired to death of stagnating and feeling like a whimp. Basically 2-3 MA classes a week (I suck at it), KBs, swimming, elliptical and running outdoors when my feet let me. All and all, I am so tired of trying hard and sucking, that I feel like I should just do what I am somewhat not suck at (swimming) and stay away from everything else.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    If what you are doing for exercise is dragging you down emotionally then absolutely switch it up. If you like swimming and enjoy the fact that you are good at it then that is what you should do. The mental/emotional satisfaction and well-being you get from exercise is just as important as the physical benefits.
    Last edited by Badkty22; 10-07-2013 at 07:32 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I am terribly lazy. My parents never encouraged exercise or activity. Then I was an incredibly depressed teenager so motivation to move was low. I walked to and from school, walked just about everywhere, but that was it.

So it's been a hard road for me to stick to anything. The key for me is to find something I enjoy and just do that, even if it's not optimal. For a while, that was swimming, then it became too inconvenient. This summer, it was cycling. Now it's body weight exercises at home. I do squats whenever I can remember to (sometimes with a 15 lb barbell) and practice wall crawls with the intent to move my way up to handstands. I also do planks, but that's really it! Someday, I'd like to learn how to lift properly & join a gym, but I don't have the time/motivation/money to do that now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

dazygyrl is offline Member
    thanks all!

this week am going to add planks, push ups and sprints on rower or elliptical.

abraka8 is offline Member
    I lift weights on my home bench 3 to 4 days a week for 1/2 hour to an hour and include bench and chest presses, squats, dead lifts and flys, as well as chin ups/pull ups, plank, and push ups. I can really just do one or two good chin ups so far, so I'm working on that. I added sprints last week, and I would like to keep that up once a week. Otherwise I try to do a fair amount of walking/hiking, playing with my kid on the monkey bars, moving heavy stuff around, and just being generally active.

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My routine is totally intuitive and random. I'm active most days. If I'm in the mtns I hike, trail run, ski tour or climb. In the city, walk, spin, yoga, HIIT or lift. I often have my Trx with me and try to do a push/pull workout if sorts 2x a week. Basically, I just do what my body feels like doing

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast