Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Primal/ Paleo 'Apps' for iPhone &/ or Android Phones page 4

Primalvore is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Rivvin,

Make it for the iPhoneeee

There's another App called "Primal Feed" that is basically just a feed of all of the research sites out there. The daily posts from MDA come up all the time. It's a little tedious to read, though - the design sucks

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalvore View Post
    Rivvin,

Make it for the iPhoneeee
    It's in our plans to get it on every platform including WP7 and Iphone/Ipad, but we have to get our release for Android out first. We've been solidly working on the new version and website for a number of months now, and we really want to make sure our Android platform is rock solid before moving to other devices!

efmoto is offline Junior Member
    Android exercise: HIIT interval trainer (free)
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/hiit-int...a.android.hiit

Karlisfoundhere is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb Ratio and GI levels

It seems to me that the most important things to measure diet wise are

a. the ratios of fats, proteins carbs
    b. greens/fruits

Any thoughts? (full disclosure I am an app developer that lives the paleo diet and tim ferriss SCDiet).

Would love to solve this problem for myself, but want to make it for others to benefit also if possible. Tell me what we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by efmoto View Post
    Android exercise: HIIT interval trainer (free)
    HIIT interval training timer | AppBrain Android Market

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    I love the Out of Milk app. I have the free version, which is very easy to use as well as useful!! I also have the primal feed, which I'll admit is a little less than useful to me. It's nice to have the blogs all in one place, but I'd rather have something more useful.

All the carb counting apps seem to be ones you have to pay for. All the free ones are calorie counters...

adventurat is offline Junior Member

Oooh, really? You're a developer?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlisfoundhere View Post
    It seems to me that the most important things to measure diet wise are

a. the ratios of fats, proteins carbs
    b. greens/fruits

Any thoughts? (full disclosure I am an app developer that lives the paleo diet and tim ferriss SCDiet).

Would love to solve this problem for myself, but want to make it for others to benefit also if possible. Tell me what we need.
    Really? OK, here's what I want:
    • The ability to enter food from either my iPhone or a website, depending whether I'm home or away
    • A full database of food, including those that aren't strictly Paleo or Primal. I eat sushi sometimes, and I should be able to enter those meals without having to create a special food listing for them.
    • Free is nice, but I'm willing to pay for really good functionality.
    • Ability to either save certain foods or groups of foods, and copy them to future days. (e.g., I have 2 hardboiled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast frequently. Also, "coffee with whipping cream" is how I start every day)
    • Absolutely no mention of calories, anywhere, in my daily analysis. Macronutrient ratios are fine, but I don't count calories.
    • OR, the ability to turn the calorie counting display OFF, so I don't have to look at it if I'm not interested.
    • A place to track body weight and measurements.
    • A way to track exercise, not strictly tied to a database of exercises or modalities. At this point, I'm not worried about how many calories I burn, but would like to be able to enter "3 hr bike ride" or "Boxer Fit class" or "Hatha yoga 1 hr"

That's all I can think of at the moment. Obviously that's a "Practically Perfect in Every Way" kind of list.

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Mark's primal fitness as an app. Where it has a demo of what to do and how many, until you tag that you are ready to progress a level.

MaryIM is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKey View Post
    I actually found a website that myself and my wife are using that has both an iphone and android app. Called myfitnesspal.com it tracks all your food and exercises and graphs everything. Not 100% related to paleo/primal but the tools section is pretty useful.
    I use MFP --> myfitnesspal EVERY day. The online version syncs perfectly with my android phone. The website has groups/blogs. I've joined a Paleo group on MFP.

Highly recommend myfitnesspal.com !!!

kevnm67 is offline Junior Member
    I have an iPhone app that does some of this and I am currently working on a few of the other features you mentioned. Here is a free code to download the app, Food RX

Food RX giveaway page | Redeemco.de

(there are 5 free codes available)

-I just added the ability to track weight with some pretty cool progress bars

-The food database is organized so you can filter for proteins or carbs or fats + whether they are favorable or search all foods

-Log the foods and in the user profile a progress bars tracks your protein, carb and fat intake. (its based off the zone diet so the max value is your daily block allotment - just set it at something high to see all your food)

-mark foods as "favorites"

-log workouts but currently only those in the database. Im planning to allow user input in the next update though.

plus others. Check out the website for more info. or iTunes and if anyone has questions about it, feedback or feature requests please send me an email, I'd love to hear from y'all.
    kevnm67@gmail.com

FoodRX iPhone application

Best,

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by adventurat View Post
    • The ability to enter food from either my iPhone or a website, depending whether I'm home or away
    • A full database of food, including those that aren't strictly Paleo or Primal. I eat sushi sometimes, and I should be able to enter those meals without having to create a special food listing for them.
    • Ability to either save certain foods or groups of foods, and copy them to future days. (e.g., I have 2 hardboiled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast frequently. Also, "coffee with whipping cream" is how I start every day)
    • Absolutely no mention of calories, anywhere, in my daily analysis. Macronutrient ratios are fine, but I don't count calories.
    • OR, the ability to turn the calorie counting display OFF, so I don't have to look at it if I'm not interested.
    • A way to track exercise, not strictly tied to a database of exercises or modalities. At this point, I'm not worried about how many calories I burn, but would like to be able to enter "3 hr bike ride" or "Boxer Fit class" or "Hatha yoga 1 hr"

That's all I can think of at the moment. Obviously that's a "Practically Perfect in Every Way" kind of list.

kevnm67 is offline Junior Member
    I have an iPhone app that does some of this and I am currently working on a few of the other features you mentioned. Here is a free code to download the app, Food RX

Food RX giveaway page | Redeemco.de

(there are 5 free codes available)

-I just added the ability to track weight with some pretty cool progress bars

-The food database is organized so you can filter for proteins or carbs or fats + whether they are favorable or search all foods

-Log the foods and in the user profile a progress bars tracks your protein, carb and fat intake. (its based off the zone diet so the max value is your daily block allotment - just set it at something high to see all your food)

-mark foods as "favorites"

-log workouts but currently only those in the database. Im planning to allow user input in the next update though.

plus others. Check out the website for more info. or iTunes and if anyone has questions about it, feedback or feature requests please send me an email, I'd love to hear from y'all.
    kevnm67@gmail.com

FoodRX iPhone application

Best,

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by adventurat View Post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast